Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 30 - Inspired by a Tutorial

The challenge to be inspired by a tutorial was the easiest, but also the hardest. There are sooo many talented people out there that I didn't know which one to start with. I finally settled on a tutorial from Nail Art by Tartofraises that I have been wanting to try for a while now. If you have never seen this blog, then go now, you will be amazed. The blog is in French, but I think you don't need to understand the text to be inspired by her gorgeous manicures (plus that's what the translate features are for ;)). She also has videos tutorials with English subtitles for of most of her manicures on YouTube.

I used Zoya Lucy as the base and Wet 'n Wild French White Creme for the white. Here is my attempt at her manicure and I'm thrilled with the result. I love french tips and this just puts such a lovely spin on it...



And look, I do have two hands... I know you were starting to doubt only seeing the left one all the time ;)


Here is the gorgeous inspiration! It looks amazing on her long nails, but I would never be able to function with nails like that so I had to settle for translating the manicure to my shorter nails. For more photos check out her blog and great video tutorial.


I cannot wait to try more of her tutorials...

Let me know what you think! Is there a person or people that inspire you to try new manicures?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

17 comments:

  1. This looks so awesome! So delicate and fun at the same time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I prefer it on your shorter nails as opposed to the longer ones anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful and elegant manicure, I love it! Looks really professional too and I think it suits your nail length perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm super impressed you were able to do both hands! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! you did a great job recreating this look! Your nails lend themselves so well to this design! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! I absolutely love these!!! I just love a classic french - and the cool tip design just makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I want! I want! ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job, I love them! I always thought that french manicures were extremely boring, but this variation looks so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)
    All the credit goes to Tartofraises for dreaming up this beautiful design. I'm just glad I was able to do a decent job recreating it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anutka! It is beautifull! I love it! (: ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...