Monday, December 26, 2011

Ulta Wild Night with Sally Hansen Celeb City

I wanted to show you my fun Chanukah manicure that I have been wearing over the weekend. I just love the combination of dark blue with silver. I do wish the blue was a bit lighter, but on the other hand it did make quite a pop.

For the manicure I started out with two coats of Ulta Wild Night. Another polish from Ulta's Salon Formula line which I have been really impressed with so far. Then using scotch and striping tape I blocked off most of the nail and painted the tips with Sally Hansen Celeb City, which is a dense silver polish. For an accent, I used Celeb City to add a free-hand Menorah on the ring finger. Isn't it cute? :D




Below are swatches of Wild Night on its own. I used two coats plus a top coat in these photos. The formula is a bit on the thicker side, but I didn't have any problems with application. Two coats for full coverage. A gorgeous navy blue with a blue shimmer. The shimmer does hide with no direct light and after a few days of wear the polish seemed to get darker. Maybe that was just my imagination, but after 3 days of wear I could barely see the shimmer and it looked almost black.



Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Salon Formula
Color Name/Number: Wild Night
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I hope you enjoyed my Chanukah manicure. I'd love to know your thoughts about it! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Your freehanding skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Как?!! Ну как ты сделала настолько ровные полоски? )))

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, I loved nail
    Kisses
    Appears at home.

    tata-nadaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tips are amazing! Just like your freehand skills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Menorah looks great, at first I thought it was a stamp! And I love the blue/silver combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much girls! I'm glad you like it! :)

    @Antallex, ya zdelay tutorial, eto ochen' legko delat' :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool!! I love the double funky french stripes!!! Am drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The menorah is SO SO cute! Love the blue too, i think it really helps the silver pop! Nice work cuz! <3
    ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Fingers, it is so easy to do... I will try to post a tutorial next week!

    @Alla, thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...