Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ulta - Ruby Slipper Dressed Up

I have been slacking on posting (or doing) any nail art lately, so I thought I would do some today. I started out with Ulta Ruby Slipper and added freehand swirls plus a border using black acrylic paint. The gold accents were done using Sinful Colors Nail Art in Flower Girl.

This makes me think of those 18th century (correct me if I'm off in my time period) corset dresses that had an inset of pattern either in the bodice or down the entire length in the front. The whole things looks like velvet...




Here is Ruby Slipper by itself. A shimmery red with just a hint of maroon. Application was great with two coats for full coverage. Swatch photos taken with a top coat. It is slightly darker in real life than the photos show. Closer to the color on the index finger or the bottle.



Swatch Details
Brand:
Collection:
Color Name/Number:
Number of coats:
Top Coat:

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)
Enriched with:

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

21 comments:

  1. This looks great--very elegant! I admire your freehand skills--no way I could make such nice swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this!!! So freakin awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. А мне почему-то сразу напомнило лимитку Coromandels de Chanel, хотя понимаю, что задумка у тебя была иная.
    Очень здорово!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, gosh that's pretty. I have to say I don't care for gold but that design is just SO elegant! I'd definitely wear it with silver metallic accents. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so beautiful! my first thought was one of this old dresses too :D great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant!
    I love the design very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic looking manicure, love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is very impressive and festive! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this design!! WOW! Its so cute and the black outline with the black design in the centre is amazing! so unique! Love the color choices soooo much!

    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the finished look! So festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all your kind words! They mean a lot to me!!! I'm still learning an practicing all the free hand so it is nice to hear I'm doing something right :D

    @Antallex, mne prishlo's Google Coromandels de Chanel a to ya ne znala chto eto, no teper' soglasna chto chemto pohozhe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH WOW! This is so "royal" looking! Loovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look like the dresses! Nice work :D

    ~Alla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I may have to try this out on my own nails soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks ladies! I'd love to see your result if you try :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...