Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Avon - Gleaming Gold

Last week I used Avon Gleaming Gold for stamping and said that I would swatch it by itself. Needing a break from the Ulta marathon, I figured there is no better time than the present...

In the bottle, Gleaming Gold appears as a foil with very fine particles so I was surprised when it didn't apply like one. The formula is somewhat prone to streaks and requires a very light application. This was not too much of a problem since the slightly widened brush is very easy to work with.  It was fully opaque in two coats, although I can see a bit of the nail line in these photos.

This is two coats with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Avon
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: Gleaming Gold
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Here is a quick peek at what it looked like stamped over Avon Violetta Sparkle. I think I will be reserving it for this use :)


What do you think... save it for stamping or wear on by itself?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

6 comments:

  1. It looks good, but I would save it for stamping ;) Looks better that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Theodora, we are in complete agreement there :) Not the best for my skin tone, but perfect for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree as well--save this for stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't used Avon nail polishes, but will have to give them a try. It does look good for stamping, but we like it on it's own too. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!
    I'm thinking on it's own it would look better on someone with a different skin tone... for me it works well for stamping :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...