Thursday, December 29, 2011

Warped Red Angel Plates...

I need your help! I have been trying unsuccessfully to stamp using my new Red Angel plates. Some images more or less come out OK and some won't transfer at all :(

I have a feeling this may partly be due to the fact that the plates are warped, but here is where I need your help... those of you who have the Red Angel plates... do yours look like this???

Here are the side shots from different angles... (sorry for the cotton fuzzies on the edges... :()



Just for comparison here is what my Bundle Monster plates look like... no gaps... (again sorry for the fuzzies)

And here are some cheap plates from E-bay... even these have no gaps...

I would like to know if all Red Angel plates are like this or I got a bad batch. I don't want to go thru the hassle of a return if they are all like this... please help!

Thanks in advance!!!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh no!
    I don't know if mine came like that, but they are working fine.
    I think you should contact the seller and ask for replacement. :( sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, mine look exactly like that. I just chalked it up to the inexpensive price. Guess you get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are warped like that, too! I got them right before Christmas and haven't had time to try them out yet. Hopefully they will stamp ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, mine are like that. I have not used all my plates but I did swatch maybe 10 of them and they all stamped great. I plan to play more with them this weekend so I will let you know if I have any issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked my plates but they aren't that wrapped... It also might be sort of an optical illusion as I added stickers to the back of the plates so the rims wouldn't be so deadly sharp... :(

    There seem to be a few problems with these plates going around which is a shame as they have beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I guess there are lots of people who have warped plates and they still stamp well... so it must just be me! I'll keep trying!

    Thanks for your input everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine were exactly like this - ill test mine today. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know how yours work out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never used Red Angel plates, but I recently bought some plates from Bundle Monster. I also bought a stamper/scraper kit from MASH. The images from my plates won't transfer either. At first, the polish wouldn't even scrape off with the MASH scraper, so I switched to another. Do you think the problem is the MASH stamper?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Brittany, I have not tried the MASH stamper although I have seen it on Amazon and it looks nice. I don't use the metal scrapers that come with them. I prefer to use an old credit or gift card. The plastic doesn't scratch the plates.

    I just watched this video and it was very helpful for information on how to get a good image. I would recommend it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeF4KMGm0p0

    Let me know if this works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! Very helpful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...