Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ulta - Army of 1 with Prestige

I have been wearing a lot of purples lately and even though I love them, it was time for a change so out came an army green. This one is called Army of 1 from Ulta's Salon Formula line. I have had an obsession with this color for quite a while now and have accumulated a few polishes from different brands that at least in the bottles all look like this one. I will try to compare them at some point.

The formula on the polish was a little thick, but manageable. Nothing a little polish thinner couldn't fix. The brush is slightly widened and very easy to work with. This is two coats for full coverage...




Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Collection: Main Salon Formula line
Color Name/Number: Army of 1
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)


I like the color, but once I had it on as a full manicure it just seemed to be missing something... a little spark. Maybe that is because I have been wearing a lot of shimmery polishes lately and the cream finish of this seemed boring, but I decided to spice it up.

I chose to use a polish I have had in my collection for a long, long time, but have not used recently because is so sheer (and I have only recently discovered the magic of layering polishes). Sadly I have no name for this polish. The brand is Prestige about which I also have no information. I'm assuming it either came in some sort of set or dollar store maybe. If anyone has info on this brand please let me know. Trying to google "prestige nail lacquer" is useless since I come up with all the brands that are "prestigious".

The polish is a milky sheer base with a gold shimmer. It is sadly not B3F, which is a big negative in my book. This is one coat of prestige polish over two coats of Ulta's Army of 1...



Some different angles...



It reminds me of the "effect" polishes that are so popular right now. Are you a fan on the layering trend?

P.S. I'm trying to swatch all my Ulta polishes right now because of the requests in the haul post, but I would like to know if you get tired of seeing the same brand day after day and want variety, or if this is good. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

4 comments:

  1. I just bought Army of 1 yesterday! I, too, am a sucker for colors like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH! You layered these two so well! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fingers, thank you! :)

    @Madeline, isn't there just something so fun about this color. I can't wait to see your swatches :)

    @Marta, it just needed a little extra something :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...