Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Snow Bunny

My only prior experience with nail strips was that with the nail foils from The Born Pretty store here. They looked nice, but I couldn't stop picking at them and they came off in less than an hour. After that I have been mostly ignoring anything that resembled those nail strips and assuming they were all the same. As luck would have it, I won two packages of Sally Hansen Salon Effects as part of Carolina's amazing giveaway. One of them is this one, named Snow Bunny. Since I needed a break from the dark colors I have been wearing lately and these have such a cute holiday design, I decided to give them a try.

Upon careful inspection of the package, I was surprised to see that these are made with real nail polish and are removed with polish remover. The package came with everything needed to apply them and application itself was really easy. Just peel, stick, and file off the excess. So simple! Although I did manage to end up with a bubble at the tip of the ring finger :(

I did choose to add a topcoat over these which is not part of official directions. It didn't affect the look of the nail strips, but I feel that it made them adhere better and I could wrap the topcoat over the tips as I do with nail polish. These photos are pre-topcoat...





Overall, they were easy to apply, contoured to the nail well and didn't lift or peel as the nail foils. I was not at all tempted to pick at them and more than 24 hours later they still looked great. It was actually kind of sad when I removed them. I would definitely wear these again, especially for a trip where I don't plan on changing my manicure on an almost daily basis.

The package contained 2 blister packs with nail polish strips, a nail file, cuticle stick and detailed instructions. I didn't bother looking at the detailed instructions and the simple ones on the box were enough.


Inside each blister pack are 8 nail polish strips in varying sizes to accommodate different nail sizes. My nails are short enough that theoretically I could have cut these in half and used them for two manicures, but I didn't actually do that. After doing a full manicure, I'm left with 6 nail polish strips... accent nail anyone? :)


Have you tried nail polish strips before? Love them or leave them?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

8 comments:

  1. I think SH strips are the best nail strips! I like to wear them, like you mentioned, when going on a trip and I can't change my mani daily. Once I wore them for 5 days straight, which is a record for me! And they still looked perfect, except for what bit of new growth was peeking at the cuticle. And this design is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try any nail strips! But I've seen these ones in the store and love the design! I might have to go pick up a pack. They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look very nice on you. I love SH Salon Effects, the application is very easy and the result is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute design! I have a pack from Born Pretty Store but I haven't tried them yet. Not expecting great things from them I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these things! They last over a week for me and I am rough with my nails. The only thing I don't like is that you have to throw the extras away. They dry out. Even if you ziplock them, they will not adhere to your nail once the air has been hitting them for a while. And they are too expensive. They really need to lower the price of these. I was lucky and found some on clearance for half price and Walgreens and Ulta. Woo hoo! And they just came out with a bunch of new designs too. I heard this brand was the best out of all of them. I have yet to try any others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the Sally Hansen nail strips and I liked them all right. I don't know if I made a mistake or not though--two nails chipped the same day or the next day, and that was annoying because with a pattern you can't just paint back over it or fill in the chip.

    I still want to try again though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These really were so easy and fun. I love how well they lasted. Call me impressed!

    @Leslie, they did feel as though they would stay on for quite a while. Too bad I'm not patient enough to find out exactly how long that is :)

    @Anne, I'd love to know what you think of these when you try them!

    @Carolina, they were so easy and I was so impressed! Thanks so much again :)

    @Laura, even if you don't like the ones from Born Pretty, try these... they are so different!

    @Alla, thanks so much sweetie :)

    @April, I have not tried other nail polish strips so I can't compare, but these were so simple... I had no idea you can't save the left over ones. That is too bad :(

    @Jessica, Try adding a top coat as I did. I wrapped the top coat around the tips and I think it might help it adhere better...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...