Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ulta - Paint the Town Mini Set

I got two mini nail polish collections during Ulta's 2 day after Thanksgiving sale. The first one named Paint the Town, I will show you today and the other one tomorrow. Each set contain four 5mL bottles. For some reason I have been acquiring a lot of minis lately. They are just so darn cute, although not to practical. Maybe useful for travel? :)

Overall the brushes and formula on these were very good. I had no problems with application at all. Each of these is shown with two coats and a top coat.

Left to right: Raise Your Glass, Paint the Town, Nauti-cal but Nice, Lav-ish.



Raise Your Glass: This was the one that caught my eye when I first saw the collection and it did not disappoint. A beautiful olive green with a golden/copper shimmer. I'm really hoping they will produce this in a full size bottle.


Paint the Town: This is the namesake of the collection. A standard dark red jelly polish. Nothing too unique about it, but also nothing bad to say. Applied great in two easy coats. No pulling or bald spots for me. Will go great for travel.


Nauti-cal but Nice: A dark navy blue jelly. A bit difficult to wrap around the tips, but otherwise also applied nicely with no bald spots in two coats.


Lav-ish: A pretty muted greyish mauve with copper shimmer. As far as I'm aware this is the only one that is available in the full 10mL size. I have had my eye on this color for a while and I think I will have to get the full size bottle at some point. Although the full size bottle just looks like it has a lot more polish because if it's size, but actually doesn't have that much more (only 10mL vs 5mL).


Here is what the cute set looks like. I got it for $2.99 plus I was able to use a $3.50 off coupon since I purchased $10 worth of stuff, so it was only around $2 for the set in the end. Not too bad since the set retails for $7.99 which is around $2 per bottle.


What do you think? Did any colors stand out to you?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I love Lav-ish! I'm glad it's available in a full size. As a whole, I really like how the collection looks. Good call Ulta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all!
    Your prize is going out tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jacqui, I like it as well. I think this one is a very nice set on their part!

    @Carolina, Thank you and yay! I'm so excited :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...