Sunday, May 22, 2011

Zoya Anne

I wanted something neutral and "tame" today since my bf and I are going to his parents for dinner. Didn't want to frighten them with a crazy color ;)
So out came Zoya Anne, which is a sweet nude with a hint of shimmer. It is fairly sheer, but did build up nicely in 3 coats with only a slightly visible nail line.

If it wasn't for the three coats, it would be my perfect nude (you know, if my skin was shimmery all the time). I have been looking for a nude that I can layer under other sheers. Guess I'll have to keep looking :)

This is three coats + a top coat...




On its own, it turned out to be a little too neutral for me. I decided to try sponging the tips with a glitter. I have been drooling over the amazing sponged manicures that AmyGrace does over at The Polished Perfectionist, so I channeled her for this manicure. Mine didn't turn out as nearly as amazing as hers, but I think I will have to try it with brighter colors again. The technique itself worked well following her tutorial :D

For the glitter I used Wet n Wild Hallucinate. The camera doesn't quite capture all the colors in this glitter, but you can zoom in to see more...



My bf approves, so off to the parents we go :D

Brand: Zoya
Collection: Spa Essentials
Color Name/Number: Anne, ZP360

Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Camphor free
Vegan friendly

Thanks for looking :)
Anutka

5 comments:

  1. That's very pretty! both the colour and your glitter tips!

    And I totally understand you didn't want to frighten them with too crazy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Nude Looks So Lovely On You. !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...