- 2 Polishes. I used Dazzle Dry Sultry Samba and Waltz with Me.
- Striping Tape. I purchased mine on Ebay, but it is available in many beauty supply stores and online on sites such as Amazon.com and BornPrettyStore.com
- Start by painting your nails a base color and allow it to dry completely. For this manicure I used Dazzle Dry Waltz with Me
- Cut short segments of striping tape and arrange them on the nails as desired for your look. You can use any color of striping tape at this step since it is being used just for the color block and will not be a part of the final look.
- Using the second nail polish fill in different areas of the design as desired. You can use either the brush from the nail polish or use a small nail art brush for precision. I used Dazzle Dry Sultry Samba for my second shade.
- Quickly remove the striping tape before the polish has started to dry to ensure clean lines.
- Apply new/clean pieces of striping tape in place of the original ones.
- Using cuticle nippers, trim excess striping tape along the edges of the nails. Try to trim as closely to the nail as possible so that you will seal the edges of the striping tape with a top coat and help keep them from lifting up
- Seal with a top coat and enjoy!
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any!
Until next time...
** Polishes were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **