Monday, February 13, 2012

Zoya Avery in Polka Dots...

Avery is the last polish in the Zoya Feel collection. It was the one I worried about the most thinking that it wouldn't go well with my skin tone, but I was wrong. It looks lovely. As I was painting my nails, I stumbled across a picture of this polka dot dress on pinterest and it was instant inspiration, so I just went with it.

For the manicure I started out with Zoya Avery as my base, taped it off with scotch tape and added the tips using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme. The dots were done using a dotting tool and the same Black Creme from Wet 'n Wild. I originally intended to have the dots over the whole nail, but I liked the look of it on just half...




Zoya Avery on her own is a a soft beige cream. Full coverage in two coats and application was great just like the rest of the polishes in this collection. This it two coats plus a top coat in these swatches...




Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection: Feel, Winter 2011
Color Name/Number: Avery
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

I'd love to know what you think of this. Do you like nails inspired by fashion? I'm thinking it would make a fun series :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

25 comments:

  1. I lloveeee this! I think inspired by fashion would be a great series. I was thinking of doing an inspired by weird stuff series since I was recently inspired by a really pretty toilet seat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mani! That dress is super cute too. I think nails inspired by fashion would be a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nails, love the dress & love the inspired by fashion idea. the designs would be endless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this mani. It's cute and classy at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress! That polish! I love everything about this mani from the colour scheme to the design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! Zoya is a brand I haven't yet had the chance to try but all their polishes look so pretty and high quality.
    I think nails inspired by fashion is a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooove that dress!

    Fashion-inspired nails would definitely be a fun series & really interesting, too! That was always my favorite day to see when bloggers were doing that 30-day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo pretty! Great way to turn a boring nude into an edgy, interesting manicure. Plus, it looks super elegant :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I was wearing Avery last week and couldn't decide if it was too yellow or a nice beige that suited my beige skin! Still on the fence on it but I will still wear it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mani AND the dress. They look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THIS! I will definitely be trying this out. I like the idea of the nails inspired by fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the inspiration, your nail design matched perfectly. i've been looking for a good nude polish and i may have just found a winner Avery is beautiful!!

    http://pinktattooblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. *_* omg! Such a pretty mani!!! I must try it myself one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! Simple but yet stylish! And I like the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for such sweet comments. I'm glad so many of you like the idea of inspired by fashion. I already have a few inspirations lined up :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an awesome manicure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything about this! Love seeing nails inspired by clothing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Pauline, thank you! I can't wait to do more :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's awesome! I like to paint fashion inspired nail art!

    Please check me out!

    www.nailartcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...