Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Bling It On for Valentines Day

I wanted to show you the manicure I wore on Valentines Day. To be honest my boyfriend and I have never been big on celebrating the holiday and in the 12 years we've been together, we have never actually gone out on Valentines Day. Although he does usually get me flowers and there was a gorgeous pink orchid waiting for me when I got home from work. With that in mind, I really wasn't planning on doing a themed manicure, but about an hour before having to leave for work, inspirations struck and I had to go with it.

For the manicure I used Sally Hansen Salon Effects in Bling It On which I got from Carolina's giveaway. The Bling It On nail polish strips are composed of sparkly pink and yellow glitter. As always the photos don't capture just how much "bling" these nail polish strips have. The best part of all is that they are really smooth. I've never had such a smooth glitter manicure before. Application was really easy and once again I'm very impressed with these.

For the heart accent I used a heart shaped punch that I got from Michael's for $1 a long, long time ago. I applied the heart cutout using the same technique as the nail polish strips...


For the thumb I applied the polish strip with the heart cut out rather than applying the heart. Interestingly the polish strips are a bit sheer, which is not noticeable when placed over an unpainted nail, but it did darken the color when placed over black polish...




Here is a bit of the aftermath of punching leftover nail strips. Sadly the nail polish strips dry out and are not useable once they are out of package for a while, but they were fun to punch!


The manicure was quite fun and I got lots of comments at work. One lady even asked to touch my nails after I told her they were the nail polish strips. That's definitely a 1st for me...

I should mention that removal of these was a pain in the behind, the same as any dense glitter polish. I guess that's what I get for being lazy and not using the foil method.

I'd love to know what you think! Have you tried anything fun with these strips before?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

18 comments:

  1. Very cute. I really like the accent nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute and adorable manicure. I love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cute! such a good idea to use the cut-out too
    Hannah x
    http://naileditperfectly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do I think? You are talented, talented, talented! I don't do Konading and rarely do designs but I would do this... Michael's better still have those punches - lol. Pintersting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!

    And what did the lady who touched your nails say about them? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the hearts were painted on, til I read you cut them out...really cool idea! It looks so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a really great idea, no wonder your hearts are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this that Sally Hansen Salon Effect products

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your story of the lady wanting to touch your nails reminded me of something...

    My little nephew, who was 5 at the time, would always ask to touch my nails after they were dry. Haha. I never knew why...maybe he liked that they were smooth? Either way, it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome idea! I have yet to try these kinds of products before, but do have a couple different, various sets. I don't usually like the look of these polish strips, as they are very obvious at the tips of the nails, but you made them look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! It was fun and really easy. I cannot wait to try out some of my other punches as well.

    @Nail Stories, thank you! :)

    @Carolina, thanks! I love all the fun stuff you sent me :)

    @JustSomeGirl, I'm glad you like it!

    @AllThingsNails, Oh my gosh, you are too kind! Thank you! I'm sure Michaels still has something similar. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    @Biba, she was impressed how smooth it is. It was funny :)

    @Theodora, it was so much easier than trying to draw them! :)

    @Sneakerette, yup. Always looking for ways to make it easy :)

    @Balacom, they are great nail strips. I'm a fan :)

    @starification, that is so cute. My 5 year old nephew always wants to look at and touch my nails too. It is cute :)

    @Angie, I have tried other nail strips before and I don't like the ones that are foil. Those look like you glued something on. These are made of real nail polish so they work and feel 100x better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad that you like it! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Wow! This looks SOOO awesome and your using a scrap booking tool to cut out the hearts is SOOO genius!!! Love this!!! Thanks for all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a cool idea, definitely filing this away to do myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowwwww great!!!! I love glossy nails:)) Would u like to follow each other?? Kisses xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Amy, I'm so glad you like the idea! Thank you for all your kind words! :)

    @Amber, I cannot wait to see what you come up with!

    @Glossy Lala, thank you, I'm glad you like it

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...