Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Stamping Challenge: 3 Colors

It is crazy how fast time flies, but it is once again time for another Sunday Stamping challenge in the Facebook group Adventures in Stamping. This week the challenge was to create a manicure using three colors. I toyed with the idea of layering stamped images. For example a full background stamp in one color and then a smaller stamp on top in another, but I digress...

I chose to do something I have been wanting to try for a while. This technique involves dragging multiple colors over the stamping image at once to allow them to mix directly on the stamping plate. It took a few tries to get a nice combination and figure out how to get the colors to mix nicely, but I love the result. I started out with two coats of Wet 'n Wild French White Creme. For the stamping I used two Color Club polishes, Cold Metal and Lumin-Icecent from the Foiled collection. I just love them for stamping. The image is from Red Angel plate RA-109




I hope you liked my take on today's challenge. If you are interested in stamping, I encourage you to join the group Adventures in Stamping...

I'd love to know what you think of this. Have you tried this technique before?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. I like it! I haven't tried this technique before but it is on my to-do list as the results I've seen on blogs always look fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out really cute! Almost like it's on clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. I've never tried stamping with 2 or more colours, it looks complicated. I really want to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, great color effects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anutka! =)
    I chose a new coin with grooves visible. The result is better with a common and well-pigmented enamel. The procedure is the same as the Konad. You can adjust the excess glaze precionando twice in the same currency.
    My English is bad, I know. =( If you do not understand, I can try to explain again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!!! Couldnt find those Barielle on ebay-so sad!! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone! I had fun with the technique and I'm so glad you like it! :)

    @Jane, thank you for the explanation! I understand :)

    @Fingers, You can still order them directly from barielle.com. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...