Sunday, February 5, 2012

Zoya Ibiza and Sunday Stamping Challenge

It is time for another Stamping Sunday challenge in the facebook group Adventures in Acetone. Which by the way, if you are interested in stamping you should definitely check out. This week the challenge was blue and you really don't have to twist my arm or give me extra excuses to wear a dark vampy blue. I usually mange to do that on my own rather frequently.

This time I chose Zoya Ibiza which has been sitting untried for way to long. I stamped it with roses from the Red Angel plate RA-116 using Color Club Lumin-Icecent. Lumin-Icecent is a baby blue foil from the Color Club Foiled collection that was released in the fall of last year. I have yet to swatch the collection, but I love the foils for stamping. I like how this turned out. I think it would be a great alternative to a traditional pink/red mani for Valentines day. A little colder and not so in your face girly :)





On her own, Zoya Ibiza is a blackened navy blue with a blue shimmer. The shimmer was more visible in the bottle than on the nail and best seen with direct light or in the sun. Application was great. This is practically a one coater, but I did use two coats plus a top coat for the swatches...




A close up of the shimmer...

Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection: Dare
Color Name/Number: Ibiza, ZP491
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Playing with this polish just reminds me how nervous I was when ordering it from Zoya last April. At the time, I had never worn a dark blue like this before and was afraid I'd try it and hate it... now I love it. Question is, what else am I too scared to try that I would end up loving?

I'd love to know what you think of this! :)


Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous blue! And the stamping is impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love your colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great combo! Pretty and romantical :)
    I must get some of the CC foils for stamping...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I LOVE that blue, it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anutka! It feels like eons since I have been to your blog. This large rose stamp is EXQUISITE on you! Wow! this is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love that Ibiza. I own it and it is lovely! I saw this on the facebook page and it truly is stunning! It is my fave of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the combo! The foil stamping looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much girls! I'm glad that I have not bored you with all the dark blues yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome polish, gorgeous stamping, just love it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stamp! Nice color combo... I dig it! ~Alla

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...