Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Barielle Browns from the Argyle in Style Collection

I realized that I own five out of six of the brown polishes from the Barielle Style in Argyle collection released in Fall 2010. I'm missing Aura Angora which I didn't buy when it was still in stores and now I regret it. The one thing that always baffles me is that they look the same in the bottle, so it was time to swatch them so I could tell them apart...


Cashmere or Loose Me
A creamy milk chocolate brown with a hidden copper shimmer. The shimmer is very faint, but it was a pleasant surprise since it is not visible in the bottle. Formula on this was nice, two coats for full coverage. It reminds me a bit of OPI Wooden Shoe Like to Know? from the spring Holland collection. Although it is bit lighter and not as much shimmer. Swatches are with a top coat...






Swatch Details
Brand: Barielle
Collection: Style in Argyle, Fall 2010
Color Name/Number: Cashmere or Loose Me, 5097
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Tight Knit
A chocolate brown cream. The formula on this was very smooth. Two coats for full coverage. It is probably my favorite of the browns in this collection. Looked like I dipped my nails into melted chocolate. This is with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Barielle
Collection: Style in Argyle, Fall 2010
Color Name/Number: Tight Knit, 5098
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Unraveled Rust
A dark brown cream. This also had a great formula. Two coat for full coverage. I'm not sure where the "rust" part of the name comes from, but regardless, this color is a winner for me. I like that it is very dark without crossing over into black. Swatches are with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Barielle
Collection: Style in Argyle, Fall 2010
Color Name/Number: Unraveled Rust, 5100
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Wool You Marry Me?
A reddish brown cream. I would almost call it darkened brick brown. Great formula as the polishes above. Two coats with a top coat here...




Swatch Details
Brand: Barielle
Collection: Style in Argyle, Fall 2010
Color Name/Number: Wool You Marry Me?, 5101
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Cowl of the Wild
A swampy greenish brown. I'm not a fan of this color as in some light it can look dirty milk brown and in another light the green tint shows up. The formula on this is thinner than the rest and when I applied the first coat, no good thoughts came to mind. I applied two coats plus a top coat for these swatches. A third coat probably would have been good since I could see bald spots when taking photos that I didn't see before...




Swatch Details
Brand: Barielle
Collection: Style in Argyle, Fall 2010
Color Name/Number: Cowl of the Wild, 5102
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Overall I'm really impressed with this collection. I didn't think it was possible to make a whole line of just brown polishes and still have them look so different. My favorite two are Tight Knit and Unraveled Rust.

I did make nail art with these as I was wearing them throughout the past week and I will show you what I came up with over the next few days. I hope you will enjoy it.

Have you tried any of these? What do you think of them?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. I love Wool You Marry Me! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the middle three. Its great how Barrielle was able to come up with these perfect browns. Most companies make browns too reddish and vampy or too muckish green. These are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you like them as well. I was so impressed with Barielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving these browns! Too bad I'm not a fan of barielle-I want all of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS-you ever want to give me these or swap-I'd be happy to take them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fingers, I'm glad you like these. I will keep your offer in mind! Why are you not a fan of Barielle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barielle seems to not work with my nails for some reason. But I am ignoring that for this collection! I already found 5 of the 6-am missing Tight Knit! Then my set will be complete! If you want to swap for that, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you move quick! Can't wait to see what you make with them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...