Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Entry into the Be My Valentine Nail Art Contest

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and while my boyfriend and I have chosen to mostly ignore it for the past 12 years, I do enjoy all the pink, the hearts, and the flowers. I decided it would be fun to enter the "Be My Valentine Nail Art Contest" held by Lacquered Me on Facebook. This is my entry into the contest. Please check out all the entries and if you like like mine, take a minute to vote for it!!! :D

For the manicure I started out with two coats of Zoya Stephanie and sponged over it using Korres Watermelon. A polish I got quite a while ago in a giveaway from Cel's Deconails. It has been on my "to try" list for quite a while and I thought it would be perfect for the occasion. The hearts I free handed using Wet 'n Wild French White Creme and a dotting tool. It makes me think of Minnie Mouse :)




Korres Watermelon on it's own is a pink raspberry jelly. It has a bit more raspberry or watermelon (for the lack of a better term) tint to it than what comes across in the photos. It starts out sheer, but does build up opacity. I used three coats plus a top coat in these swatches. You can still slightly see the nail line. I think this polish would be perfect for a glitter sandwich...




This was taken with the flash and turned out to be the most color accurate image. The color in the bottle here is closest to true to life...


Swatch Details
Brand: Korres
Color Name/Number: Watermelon, 19
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor, Silicone, Xylene, Acetone

I'd love to know what you think of this manicure or the polish!
If you like it and you can, then please vote for it... or vote for whoever you like. :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute and yes, it does kinda remind me of Minnie Mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable manicure. Good Luck on the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute mani, love it :-D
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gradient is awesome! and the hearts are so cute :D I voted for you, because I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your support! I'm really glad that you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so in love with your nails! They look adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Susy, Thank you! You are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a piece of ART work! I voted for you FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Marta, thank you and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...