Friday, February 10, 2012

Zoya Kennedy in Lace

I have been seeing a lot of lace manicures around and have really been wanting to give it a try. Zoya Kennedy was perfect for the occasion. Since I don't have any lace stamps, I went the freehand route. Starting out with Zoya Kennedy, I added a black stripe and lace details using black acrylic paint. This definitely gave me practice with detail painting and made me realize just how much more practice I need...




On her own Zoya Kennedy is a lovely beige cream. Full coverage and great application in two coats. The formula does not disappoint. Swatches are with a top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection: Feel, Winter 2011
Color Name/Number: Kennedy, ZP595
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

As always, I'd love to know what you think! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

14 comments:

  1. Wow--what a great take on a lace mani--I'm super impressed that you did this freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very elegant and still valentine's day themed without being overtly so. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously it's freehand? I'm impressed, you are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I cannot believe you freehanded that, looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. before I saw that you freehanded the lace, I assumed it was a stamp, it's so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I am blown away this is freehand! FANTASTIC JOB! this is a very lovely mani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my freehand work was as incredible as this! I can't believe you think you need more practice. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks great! It's really nice to know that you can freehand lace and have it look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is sooo awesome. cant believe you did this by hand.. wish i had as steady hands! really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is freehand?! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much girls! The lace took a long time so I'm really glad you like it. I do need more practice to do it faster and not so shaky :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did amazing! I thought that was a stamp until I read on. Beautiful mani.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply beautiful and amazing! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! Sometimes patience pays off. I'm happy that you like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...