Monday, February 27, 2012

Barielle Unraveled Rust Gets Rusty...

The last polish from the Barielle Argyle in Style collection that I played with was Unraveled Rust. I loved the rich dark chocolate brown, but it really didn't make think of rust, so I decided to change that. After googing images of rust, I found one that I loved and used it as my inspiration. To get the look I used a combination of sponging, dry brush, and even crackle. It seemed as though I threw every polish I own into the mix. Probably couldn't do it again even if I tried. In the process, I discovered that I don't have quite the right turquoise blue to really make it pop, however I still love how it turned out....




This is the inspiration image, which I found here. I love the colors in this. Really wish I had the right blue to make it stand out. Guess there is always room on the wish list for more colors...



Polishes Used:
Maybelline - Summer Spice
LA Colors - Current

Essie - Braziliant
Color Club - Almost Famous

Barielle - Unraveled Rust 

China Glase Crackle - Crushed Candy
LA Colors - Sea Siren

Avon - Gleaming Gold



I hope you like this manicure and I would love to know what you think of it!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

27 comments:

  1. Wow! This turned out really great! I would love to have this on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is gorgeous! It has so much depth

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool!!!!! I love this manicure!! U nas kogda-to na dache stoyal bak dlya vodbl tochno takogo je zveta!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative! What an incredible mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oeh.... they look really arty-farty! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    This is Jane's daughter, my English is a little better than my mother's =). I will try to explain what she was trying to say. You have to use common nail polish instead a polish special for stamping. What she did was: Apply the polish over a coin and scrape off the excessive nail polish very well. Use a new coin for this, with the grooves well defined.
    I wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is stunningly beautiful! Great color combi! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks great! It is a design I may have to try to duplicate, though like you said it may be impossible! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous--would love to see the step by step process!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much everyone for the wonderful comments! I appreciate all of them :)

    @ritterbraten, mne tak ochen' nravyat'sa tsveta rzhavcheni kak i na vashem bake :)

    @Jane, thank you for your response! I understand :)

    @Meredith, normally I would love to make a tutorial, however, this is not one I can replicate. I just kept adding colors using a sponge, brush. I kept adding until it looked "right." Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! really looks like a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so creative! just might try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much girls! I'm glad that you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you! I'm so glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I'm blushing now :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog and your nail art. You are so talented !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! You are too kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is seriously brilliant! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...