Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 10 - Gradient Nails

Gradients for some reason sound easier than they are (for me)... just sponge on the next colors and you are done. Lets just say it took a few attempts to come out with something I like. My original idea was white transitioning to black at the tips. That turned out to be a bit too messy for my taste. The second attempt was black transitioning to white tips. Not as messy, but the gradient was too rough, similar to my very first attempt. I tried it one more time using a different sponge that worked much better, so third time was the charm. I finally got a gradient that I actually like and can wear...





My boyfriend said it looks like a night sky... a way better response than to my first two attempts which were met with shoulder shrugs and a look that means "OK, but I don't get it..."

The colors I used for this manicure were:
- Wet n Wild Black Cream for the base
- Zoya Kelly
- Petites Color Fever Vintage Gray
- Wet n Wild French White Cream
- Sinful Colors Out of This World (sponged lightly on top for sparkle)


Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

21 comments:

  1. Oh how I really love this!!! The colors are so awesome together! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Класс!!! Ну до чего красиво и аккуратно.
    Можно украсть идею? ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rd time was definitely a charm. I like this gradient a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great gradient I still haven't found the sponge that works best for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I agree it does look like a night sky. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool!! I've never really gotten the hang of gradients

    ReplyDelete
  7. The polishes you choose work so well for this challenge day! You did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving how this gradient turned out! It does look like a night sky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this gradient is really beautiful! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i really like this mani! it's somehow winter-ish, in a really good way! :D beautiful!

    http://janinastar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! It looks soooo cool~!! I just love that colour combo:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much everyone! I'm glad I didn't give up on the gradient. I will have to try it again to make sure it works with other colors :)

    @Antallex, konechno mozhnod, tol'ko obezatel'no pokazivai chto poluchilos' :D

    @Lendoxia, I tried a cosmetic sponge first, but it was too dense. What worked for me was a fake sea sponge from the dollar store. I suppose a real sea sponge would work as well :)

    @Ruxi, keep trying, mine were not so pretty the 1st few times either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and inspiring! Your cleanups looks so great too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...