Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tutorial: Blue Jeans

Today I have a tutorial of how I did the blue jeans manicure yesterday. I hope you enjoy it :)



Supplies:
- Polishes - dark blue for the base and white for the sponging (I used Essence Underwater for the base and Wet n Wild French White Cream for the sponging)
- Cosmetic wedge
- Tweezers
- Toothpick
- Qtip with acetone/polish remover for clean up (not pictured)

Set Up:
- Tear off a small piece of the cosmetic wedge

Step 1:
- Apply desired number of base color coats (I used two coats here)

Step 2:
- Place a drop or two of white polish onto your palette/work surface. (I'm using a ceramic tile that I can clean for next time, but you can use a disposable surface such as paper, foil, etc.)
- Pick up the torn off piece of cosmetic wedge with the tweezers
- Dip the wedge into white polish and tap a few times on your palette to work the polish into the sponge
- Tap the sponge over your nail adding more white as necessary.

Step 3:
- This is about what it should look like when completely sponged


Step 4:
- Using a Q-tip dipped in acetone/nail polish remover clean up any white polish that may have gotten onto the cuticles
- You can also do this clean up step at the very end if you want (I chose to do it now so the next steps look cleaner :D)

Step 5:
- Dip a toothpick into white polish
- Draw "stitches" along the edge of the nail

Step 6:
- Add a second row of stitches, following the 1st as a guide

Step 7:
- As an accent, using the same method as above you can add a "pocket" using a toothpick and white nail polish.
- Add a top coat and you are done!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Let me know what you think... what you like or what I should improve :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. Great tutorial =)
    It definitely looks like jeans =). I have to try it someday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this.
    Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always hold the sponge in my hand... but this using the tweezers is much more effective! thanks for the tip.
    This jean look is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like using the tweezers, it allows me to get closer and see what I'm doing by using a smaller sponge piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Let me know if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very unique, i like it! I have yet to try the sponge technique but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, I would love to see the results when you do :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...