Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 11 - Polka Dots meet Hello Kitty

This Hello Kitty manicure has been on my list of fun things to try ever since I saw the tutorial by Kayla Shevonne a few months ago. It seemed like the perfect fit for the polka dots day of the challenge. To be honest, I have never been into collecting Hello Kitty memorabilia and can't tell you a single thing about this cartoon, but it looked so cute that I wanted to try it. Plus, since I have started blogging, I have accumulated a few Hello Kitty items that needed to be put to good use, such as the nail polish set from Cel's Deconails giveaway and stickers from the Born Pretty Store.

Here is the result... I think it is a perfect match for the bottle :D



The Hello Kitty pink polish itself is a pretty raspberry pink with a purple shimmer that loves to come out and play. Application was pretty good except for difficulty getting it to wrap around the tips. It took three coats to get it to be fully opaque and cover the tips. This is with a top coat...



Polishes used for this manicure:
- Hello Kitty Pink (I don't think it has an official name)
- Wet n Wild French White Cream for the Hello Kitty face
- Petites Color Fever Angel for the polka dots
- Wet 'n Wild Black Cream for the eyes and whiskers
- Sinful Colors Unicorn for the nose


For the bow I used the Hello Kitty stickers from The Born Pretty Store. It is hard to see in the photos, but all the stickers are covered in a pretty micro-glitter.


Brand: Hello Kitty
Collection: Set with pink polish, glitter polish, stickers, and glitter
Color Name/Number: ? Pink

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...