Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 8 - Metallic - Nicole by OPI The Next CEO

Last weekend some friends came over for yummy barbecue. After way too much food, my friend and I relaxed by painting our nails while the boys sat around and talked. My friend happened to bring a Nicole by OPI The Next CEO polish with her, as she has been trying to find the perfect gold. I decided to use it as well, since it was perfect for challenge day 8 (metallic).

The polish is a combination of very fine gold and silver glitter which creates a much softer gold than the standard yellow. Application was great, no streaks and opaque in two coats. Texture was a bit rough, but it smoothed over well with a topcoat. Cuticle clean-up was also less than fun as the glitter just spread everywhere instead of coming off. This made me worry about removing it a few days later, however, complete removal of this polish was not a problem at all.

I must say, I really enjoyed the metallic foil look on my nails. I might have to get a polish or two of the sort. This is two coats plus a top coat...

T


And just for fun, my little shorties next to my friend's gorgeous long nails :P


Brand: Nicole by OPI
Collection: Liquid Metals
Color Name/Number: The Next CEO, NI 347

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. I love foils! It looks gorgeous on both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shorties are prettier in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! I just cute my nails to your length! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a nice gold! ~ Alla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :)
    My shorties are feeling so loved :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! First time I tried it and I have to say I'm now a fan :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...