Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 5 - Blue - Essence Underwater

For day 5 of the challenge, I chose a blue from Essence called Underwater. In the bottle is has a gorgeous micro-glitter which I was so excited about. It applied easily in 2 coats and overall I'm really happy with the color. I did have the issue of cleanup... if any of the polish got on the cuticles it was difficult to remove even with pure acetone, but I think this is common with a lot of dark colors. Also the glitter didn't transfer to the nails as I would have hoped, it showed up as random glitter specks instead of what is seen in the bottle.

Here it is using two coats + a topcoat in partial sun...



In the shade...


This one shows the micro-glitter in the bottle (click to zoom in), but as you can see not much of it transferred to the nail...


I had a plan for nail art, but ran out of time, so I'll try to do it tonight and show you tomorrow... :D

Brand: Essence
Collection: Colour & Go
Color Name/Number: Underwater, 24

Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) free

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

4 comments:

  1. It's a really pretty colour, but I was a bit dissapointed too that glitter isn't visible on the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I like this color a lot even though the glitter hides :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...