- Tea bag
- Nail glue
- Nail file/buffer
- Cut out a piece of tea bag large enough to cover the damage.
- Clean and prep the nail. You want to make sure to remove any polish, oils, lotions, etc.
- Apply nail glue to the tear directly on the nail
- Place the tea bag piece on the nail and gently press it down so it lays flat against the nail.
- Wait for the glue to dry completely
- Add more glue over the tea bag and allow it to dry as well
- File or trim any excess tea bag hanging off the nail
- Gently file/buff over the glue and tea bag to smooth out sharp edges. Make sure not to file down any of the actual nail or tea bag which covers the tear. Filing too much will remove the tea bag and leave the tear unprotected.
- Apply base coat, polish and top coat as usual and you are done!
I hope you will find this useful and as always I would love to know what you think!
Have you tried this technique before?
Thanks for looking!