Monday, September 3, 2012

Tutorial: Mirror Image Stamping

As promised yesterday I have a quick tutorial to share with you on how to stamp a mirror image using the stamper to stamper method. I will preface this by saying that this is not a tutorial for the full manicure, just the stamping technique. Also, it assumes that you already know how to stamp and stamping basics are not covered. If you do not know how to stamp, but would like to learn, I would highly recommend the Getting a Good Stamp Image tutorial from soguesswhat11. Now on to the tutorial...


Tools:
  • XL Stamper (it has different, softer/stickier stamping pad)
  • Regular Stamper such as Konad or Salon Express (used here)
  • Desired stamping plate (BM03 used in this example)
  • Stamping polish (Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade used here)
Steps:

Instructions:
Please note you have to work pretty quickly for this to stamp well or the polish will dry and not transfer.
  1. Pick up image into XL stamper
  2. Transfer the image onto second stamper by pushing them together straight on
  3. Image should now be on the second stamper (reversed)
  4. Stamp onto nail 
  5. Reverse image (left) next to regularly stamped image (right)

See how quick? I love this technique and hope you find it useful as well!
Let me know what you think of this tutorial or if you have any questions :)

P.S. If you have never heard of an XL Stamper, take a look at this video to see it in action. It can be purchased from Ninja Polish or ebay by searching for "XL Stamper."

Special thanks goes out to Diana of the blog D.I.A.N.A. for introducing me to this technique! Make sure to take a look at her blog for some amazing manicures :)

On a final thought, is anyone interested in me trying to make a basic stamping tutorial?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. So cool you made a tutorial of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the XL stamper similar to the Magnonails soft stamper? I have heard that one is better than the regular konad one. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LadyLuck, I didn't ether! Luckily there are more creative people like Diana out there :)

    @Jackie, you are so welcome! :)

    @Diana, thank you for the fabulous idea! I love it :)

    @Nailderella, so glad you like it :)

    @Elizabeth, I have not personally tried the Magnonails stamper so it is hard to comment. I will see if anyone in my stamping group can compare and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea I must try this I always struggle because I can't do a mirror image on my right hand and I like my manis symmetrical and this is a cure for that, will try it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Please ! ! ! !
    I am a stamping failure, any help is much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lendoxia, I like them symetrical as well! I would love to know how this works for you :)

    @VTodd, I will work on a tutorial... or maybe a private lesson if no one else shows interest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great to know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This one requires a bit of a quick hand, but it really fun once you get the hang of it :)

      Delete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...