Monday, September 17, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Leafy

I'm a little bit late with this weeks Sunday Stamping challenge, but better late than never. This week the theme of the manicure is "leafy". For a split second I was tempted to create a fall color leaf manicure, but I might still be in denial that fall is really coming so I chose to go with pretty greens. This continues my unintentional streak of green manicures for the last three Sunday challenges...


The base of the manicure is Sinful Colors Moss Have, one of the new polishes from the Metallics collection released recently. I actually picked it up because I heard that it works well for stamping, but somehow ended up using it as a base and stamping with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade. I used the Bundle Monster plate BM11 for the leafy pattern. There is both an outline and a filled in version of the pattern on the plates so I used the open outline pattern on the index/pinkie fingers and the filled in version on the other fingers...


Since the pattern is narrower than my nails, I stamped it down the center and edged the nails with Jumpin' Jade. I'm a bit undecided as to what I think of it. I don't particularly like it when looking at my nails from this angle...


... but I do like the edging from this angle... strange :)


Sinful Colors Moss Have is a frosty metallic moss green. The brush strokes are probably it's biggest negative aspect. It has almost complete coverage in just one coat. The second coat was to try to even out all the brush strokes. Swatches are with no top coat. Since I didn't end up using it as a stamping polish in this manicure, I did test it out quickly and it works beautifully over a dark base. Will be trying a full manicure with it soon...




Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: Metallics
Color Name/Number: Moss Have, 1149
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of Sinful Colors but u damn sure make me look twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it from each angle I look at it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this is just gorgeous from any angle! And so unique with the outline. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Pretty!!! I too did the Sunday "Leafy" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lacquerice, I like their polishes, but not a fan lately for other reasons. Just couldn't resist this stamping polish :)

    @Raggio, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)

    @Shannon-Lee, thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you think the outline works. Sometimes I doubt too much :)

    @Demetria's, Thank you! It is great to see so many people participating. Love those challenges :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...