Monday, September 24, 2012

Essence Grey-t To Be Here

Last weekend was my cousin's masquerade ball birthday party. I made a lacy black mask and of course my nails had to match with a swirly pattern. It was great to be back in a crafty mood. Now if I could just keep the momentum going. Although that would probably dig into my manicure time so for let's just look at this....


I recently added a few of the new Essence Colour & Go polishes to my collection. Even though I have more than enough gray, I couldn't resist the pretty Essence Grey-t To Be Here with it's pretty shimmer. I stamped using Wet 'n Wild Black Cream and Bundle Monster plate BM-314...




Since I'm sure you are really wanting to know how my mask turned out, here is a peek. I made it using a really easy tutorial from Sprinkles and Springs. Absolutely love how it turned out. I'm sure I'll wear it again some day...


Essence Grey-t To Be Here is a lovely dove gray with a subtle pink shimmer. The pink shimmer is what sets it apart from all the other similar grays in my collection. I do love gray probably more than I should, but this one somehow felt cold and sadly didn't go well with my skin tone. I'm crazy about the shimmer in it though. Formula on this was a bit on the thick side, I added a few drops of thinner before using. Two coats to reach full opacity, but I used three to even out the coverage. Swatches are with a top coat...


I'm very happy that Essence chose to make their polish bottles a bit bigger, now 8mL vs the old 5mL bottles, but they doubled the price as a result. They have a nice wide brush which works really well for application. Just wish these bottles were a bit easier to photograph, but I suppose that's just a blogger's issue ;)



Very pretty little shimmer. Pink and gray go so well together...


Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: main
Color Name/Number: Grey-t to be Here, 142
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. Photos for this post should be fixed now. The rest of the blog will take a while :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nail stamping and your mask looks amazing!

    I need to get that color to my Essence stash, looks really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combo! I really love that grey, I think I'll get it for me soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how I feel about matching ;) so two thumbs up from me.
    Honestly, if I wasn't a blogger I'd use this stamp over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful!!! From nail polish to the design to your perfect stamping!!! Love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this stamping. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome manicure, nice color and lovely design, i so want that plate :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this grey, it's fabulous! And your stamping is perfect, so beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of the polish and the stamping is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! What a wonderful color combo and stamping job you did. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mask is great! But the stamping is even better! I was using the same pattern some days ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much ladies! I'm thrilled to hear that you like the polish and the stamping. I'm absolutely crazy about that stamp pattern as well. I've seen it used at the tips of the nails rather than the base for another wonderful variation. Such lovely swirls :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...