This tutorial is for the geometric decals manicure that I posted for Polish Days yesterday...
- Nail polishes of choice. Used here Sally Hansen Celeb City (silver base), Wet 'n Wild Red Red, Color Club What a Shock! (green), Barielle Sunshine* (yellow) and Surf's Up* (blue)
- Ziplock bag or sheet protector (my personal preference)
- Scissors, hole punch
- Cuticle nippers
- Paint small strips of polish in multiple colors on a ziplock bag or sheet protector. Add a second coat if needed for sheer colors.
- Allow the polish to dry completely or overnight. Using tweezers, pick up an edge of the polish strip and peel off the plastic
- Using scissors cut out desired shapes (such as squares and triangles) from the nail polish
- The cut pieces will look something like this
- Using a hole punch, punch out circles in different colors. You can be the large office variety hole punch, it does not have to be a small craft one as I am showing here
- Optional: sketch out your nail shape and arrange pieces to get a pattern you are happy with. You can skip this step if you are not the type to plan (or over-think things as I do) :)
- Apply a base coat and your desired base color. Allow to dry. Sally Hansen Celeb City is shown here.
- Apply a coat of clear polish and when it is still tacky, but not wet, apply the decals in your desired pattern
- Using cuticle nippers, trim off excess polish around the cuticles, being careful not to cut yourself!
- Add a topcoat to seal in the decals and you are done! (I did add a few more confetti pieces after trimming, sorry if that confuses anyone...)
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If nothing else, it is colorful and fun to look at (at least in my opinion)!
I'd love to know what you think :)
Thanks for looking!
** Polishes marked with an asterisk (*) were provided to me for review by the manufacturer or their PR. **
** For more information please see the disclosure policy **