Friday, August 26, 2011

Tutorial: Tiger Print and Paws...

Today I have a fun tutorial for the tiger manicure from yesterday. There are two options for this, depending where you stop in the tutorial. Also, feel free to click on any of the photos to enlarge.


Supplies
For this you will need:
- A base color (I used Sweet Clementine from Maybelline)
- Paw print/stripes color (I used Wet n Wild Black Cream for the paws and black acrylic paint for the stripes)
- Dotting tool
- Small striping brush

Note: You can use either nail polish or acrylic paint for the paws and the stripes. I used polish for the paws and paint for the stripes to show that in the end you can't tell them apart. For me paint is easier to work with.

Step 1
- Apply desired number of coats of your base color and allow to completely dry

Note: You can apply a fast drying top coat to speed up the drying process

Step 2
- With the black polish or paint using a dotting tool draw a small C shape to resemble a kidney bean
- If worried about doing this in one stroke then place two adjacent dots and connect them with a curve

Step 3
- Add 4 dots around the outer curve of the C

Step 4
- Repeat step 2 for the second paw drawing a C shape

Step 5
- Add the dots around the outer part of the C as for the first paw (Step 3)

Note: You can add a top coat and be done if you want just the paw print manicure, otherwise go on to Step 6

Step 6
- with a small striping brush using either the polish or paint add random tiger print lines around the paws

Note: I prefer to use acrylic paint for this because you can wipe it off while it is still wet to adjust...

All Done!
- Add a top coat and you are done!



I would love to know what you think about this or if you try it!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

7 comments:

  1. very cute, thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh love this, thanks(:
    you made it look so easy

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial,very helpful, I think I can do it, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing the dotting tool actually touching the nail-this really helps me understand how to do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love! you make it seem so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here!!! Useful tutorial! I love tutorials!:) Perfectly done manicure!:)
    I'll really appreciate when you follow me back too!:) Good luck in your polishing and keep up the great work <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad this was useful!
    It is very easy once you break it down into steps!
    Let me know if you try it :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...