Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2 - Orange - Maybelline Sweet Clementine

I'm back to shorty short nails for the 2nd day of the challenge. This time it was not at all intentional as I discovered that shopping can be dangerous to the nails (although fun!). I broke three of them in one day :(. One in actually twice, so they had to go...

For the orange I chose Maybelline Sweet Clementine. It took two coats to be opaque, but I applied three to even it out. Also, when applying the formula kept getting a bit stringy, similar to the way fast drying topcoats get stringy.

Just for fun I thought the orange needed little dizzy tiger foot prints which I really like :)



Then I added some tiger stripes to finish it off. I really can't decide if I like it better with or without the stripes. What do you think?


This is in full sunshine...



In the shade...

Brand: Maybelline
Collection: Express Finish
Color Name/Number: Sweet Clementine, 620

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

11 comments:

  1. omg i adore this!
    how did you do those paws?
    id love to do a doggie mani(:
    lemme know?

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this cute design! && the new background too :) looks awesomeness.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Какая прелесть! Ноготки как на подбор, все ровные и одинаковые, класс

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also wondering if you did this freehand! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad you all like it :)
    Thanks so much!

    @BB & Fingers, I just added a tutorial so hopefully that helps :)
    Let me know if you have any questions...

    @Antallex, spasibo! Eto bol'shoi komplement ot tebya! Mne vsegda tvoi nogti ochen' nravyatsya :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color is so juicy, love it! Your nail art is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! It is a very nice orange :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this design, but I think it's better without stripes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I may have gone too far with the stripes, but it was fun to make :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...