Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Zoya Holly & Rina

I couldn't wait to try the Zoya Gems & Jewels collection when they came in the mail. The glitters in particular are so unique in my collection that I had to test them out. This is Zoya Holly and Rina. Lot's of photos, so I'll get on with the show :)


Holly
A rich holiday green with green shimmer. It has a hit of a metallic aspect to it, very pretty. Application was great, two coats for full coverage. This is two coats with a top coat...



Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection: Gems & Jewels (Holliday 2011)
Color Name/Number: Holly, ZP577
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

Rina (over Holly)
A complex glitter consisting of as far as I can see small green glitter, green bar glitter, and holographic bar glitter that flashes blue. It was difficult to capture the holographic and blue flashes with the camera but they are certainly there. You can see one in the bottle that decided to be photogenic. It looked like pine needles on my nails. Very interesting. Click the photos to zoom in for a closer look. This is two coats plus a top coat of Rina over the above two coats of Holly...


Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection: Gems & Jewels (Holiday 2011)
Color Name/Number: Rina, ZP576 (over 2 coats of Holly, ZP577)
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Camphor

I thought it would be fun to stamp this with a pattern so I used Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster plate BM-208.



Let me know what you think! Have you tried bar glitter before?

More from this collection tomorrow...

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

6 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous!! Love the combo of the two polishes. And with the stamping it looks amazing. Makes me think of a stained glass window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green is perfection! And I love Rina ..and the stamping...and just the whole manicure! I'm just sitting here and can't stop starring at your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of green, but that's beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! I have holly and it is stunning! Love the stamping. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pulled off this green shade sooo well! I am not too smitten with the long glitter in nail polish, but the way you are showcasing them in your posts, it really ADDS to the effect , rather than takes away! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MariJo, Thank you! It was my 1st time playing with this stamp and I ended up really liking it :)

    @Theodora, I think that is the biggest compliment anyone has ever given me! I'm blushing! Thank you :)

    @Bia, I'm glad you like this one!

    @Fingers, it is such a pretty metallic green! I'm glad you like it :)

    @Marta, thank you! I actually had to redo the mani because the 1st time I put on too much glitter and it looked bad. I think with these the trick is to apply a thin layer. Still get all the sparkle w/o the gloop :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...