Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ulta - Chic Peek Polar Bears

Hopefully it is not too late in the season for a polar bear manicure. As soon as I saw the Coca-Cola cap featuring their signature polar bear, I knew it had to be a mani. How adorable is that polar bear peeking out on the cap? For the base I used a beautiful color named Chic Peek from Ulta and then "attempted" to stamp it with silver snowflakes. Most of the snowflake pattern did not transfer, so to cover up the bald spots/mess that I made, I painted the polar bears using white and black acrylic paint. I think they turned out pretty cute. What do you think?





Ulta's Chic Peek is one of those complex colors that I just can't figure out how to categorize. It is a dense micro glitter composed of silver and brown metallic particles. I hesitate to call it a foil as the glitter is not fine enough to be classified as such. Regardless of how you classify it, it is a gorgeous color even when worn alone. This is two coats plus a top coat. Application was great as I've come to expect from Ulta polishes...




How do you classify these polishes?

Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Salon Formula
Color Name/Number: Chic Peek
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

19 comments:

  1. Those bears are so adorable <3<3 and chic peek is a really nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love it! I totally pinned this on Pinterest.

    -Alyssa
    Check out my blog sometime: fancyphalanges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I just did a bunch of animal manicures and didn't even think to do a polar bear darn it! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo cute! :D it looks awesome and it's never to late for a polar bear manicure :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I have polar bear pj pants and I wear them year-round :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color makes me think it would look like OPI suedes if it was mattified! Gorgeous all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg Those are so cute! Very simple, clean look and they are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely color, and those bears are so cute, i'm gonna still this design from you ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! I'm smiling like a little kid !!! These are too cute!!!!
    I love how they are playfully peeking out of the corners of your nails! Carolina, sent me this polish a while back and it is right up my alley... don't know why I haven't tried it yet!!!!!?
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable!!! I love the cute polar bears! The color is lovely too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygod, that is the cutest thing EVER! I just went crazy right-clicking and saving these photos, haha. I love polar bears and your nails are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! I'm so glad you liked the polar bears! I had so much fun with them :)
    Thank you for all your sweet comments...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is never too late or a bad time for polar bears! They are so cute! Am loving this mani of course I love a brown polish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad it is not too late for polar bears. The were so cute. And I love this shade of brown too. Very unique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!! I did this on my daughter but in different colors, she loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...