Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ulta What a Maroon and OPI Rainbow Connection Sandwich

Today I have for you my 1st ever glitter jelly sandwich. I have seen quite a few of them, but have never tried one myself. As I was applying a third coat of Ulta's What a Maroon and thinking how sheer it was, it dawned on me that I should try the sandwich technique. For the glitter I used one coat of OPI Rainbow Connection which I got in Carolina's giveaway. It is by far the most glittery polish that I own. I'm quite pleased with the result, although next time I'll try to be "neater" with the glitter :)




Here is one coat of OPI's Rainbow Connection over three coats of Ulta's What a Maroon (before I added the final coat of What a Maroon).


What a Maroon on it's own, aside from having a creative name, is a deep red jelly. The formula is easy to work with and applied well. The polish is as I mentioned already very sheer. This is three coat plus a top coat and the nail line is still visible.




Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Professional
Color Name/Number: What a Maroon
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Have you tried glitter sandwiches before? What do you think of them? I know I'm late to the party :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow this combo is AMAZING! I ABSOLUTELY love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls! I had so much fun with my first glitter jelly. Will be doing more of them for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...