Friday, January 6, 2012

Ulta - Love My Blackberry

My boyfriend said this is the best purple polish that I own. Yes, he said purple! No, he is not color blind, my camera is. If you cross your eyes and squint a little (I'm just kidding, please don't) you can see some of the purple in the bottle. The camera refused to capture the purple, but it does show just how slick and shiny this polish is. In the bottle and on the nails it appears as a purple base with a blue/purple shimmer. A truly stunning color that I chose to wear by itself with no stamping, sponging, or nail art. This is two coats plus a top coat...




Any tips on caputring purple with the camera? I don't think I'm the only one with this problem :D

Swatch Details
Brand: Ulta
Line: Salon Formula
Color Name/Number: Love My Blackberry
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. Ahh purple.....what is it about this color that is so impossible to capture? Makes you wonder how polish companys are able to capture it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is beautiful, even if I wouldn't say that it's a purple :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet found a good way to capture purples - I'm kind of wondering if the sensors in digital cameras just can't see the same colors that people do.

    I have tried doing things like putting a purple object next to a blue one for contrast, when I look at the picture, they both look blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not! My camera shows purple as blue! Is is still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm glad you like the color even if it is not entirely accurate.

    At least I'm not the only one with trouble capturing the color!

    @Angie, I even checked the mfg website and their bottle shot looks blue too. So I guess sometimes even the polish companies have trouble

    @lizzie, I did the same thing, tried holding something blue for the photo and still the polish looks blue. Was starting to doubt what I see :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. I just wanted to add that I've never seen such beautifully tips before. Your slightly raised index finger in the last picture is elegance itself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...