Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sinful Colors - Rise and Shine

I've got just a quick swatch for right now before I show the nail art that covered most of this up. Sinful Colors Rise and Shine is a beautiful turquoise green with a green and silver shimmer. The color is a bit more green in real life than what comes through in the photos. The shimmer in this polish took me by surprise. I could see faint shimmer in the bottle, but thought it would be mostly lost on the nail. Instead, on the nails the shimmer was brighter and more defined. I'm in love with this color, however I think it falls into the "colors I love, but can't pull off" category for me. Maybe I just need to get used to it? :)

The formula was very easy to work with. Before adding the top coat, the polish dries with a satin finish. I applied two coats plus a top coat for these photos. The nail line was not visible after two coats in real life, but I can see a bit of it here...




Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: Adventure Island
Color Name/Number: Rise and Shine, 940
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

What do you think of this color? Are there colors that you love, but can't pull off?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

15 comments:

  1. I love this color also. Its just so pretty. I am starting to love red's but I think they look awful on me. I want a perfect red and I have yet to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special colour! About the 'colours hard to pull off', some colours take some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what a great color. I must add it to my WL immediately! It looks great with your skin tone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to get used to it, it looks amazing on you and it's really a beautiful color and special too

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Courney, keep looking. With some colors it is harder to find one you like than others. I love reds :D

    @Marox, It is such a gorgeous color! I will have to start getting used to it :D

    @nihrida, it is a great color and you can't beat the price! I love having achievable polishes on my WL :)

    @Lendoxia, I will start getting used to it because I love the turquoise shade. Always drooling over others swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. im drooooling.
    Awsome color, thanks to Nihrida that brought me here :)
    And thanks for great swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was my pleasure! Thank you for your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome color, I love it! The shimmer makes it so special and I actually love it on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I always so nervous to wear bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turquoise is quite bright but seems like a neutral to me b/c you can wear it with anything, like turquoise jewelry. It looks wonderful on you and now I want to pick some up too! The shimmer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree Turquoise goes with almost anything! Great color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought this color yesterday & it ended up being almost a matte instead of a shimmer..It's odd because every time I buy a turquoise nail polish, it turns out to be a matte. Any advice on other turquoise polishes?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This definitely has a matte look when you apply it. Give it a nice clear top coat and it will bring out all the shimmer!

    LA Colors also has a nice turquoise called Sea Siren similar to this one, but also best with a top coat
    http://wackylaki.blogspot.com/2011/06/la-colors-color-craze-turquoise.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...