Sunday, January 22, 2012

Borghese Plumaggio Purple and Sunday Stamping - Stars

Welcome to the 3rd edition of Sunday Stamping. Today's challenge was stars. I'm hoping this qualifies because there is some, but not a lot of stamping here. I started out with a blue polish from Borghese named Plumaggio Purple. The reason I call it blue is because that's all I saw on my nails. The purple was mostly left in the bottle. Over the blue, I lightly sponged Sinful Colors Out of This World. Then I added the large stars which were hand made decals using Sally Hansen Celeb City. An annoying process which turned out to be cute, but a pain in the butt to do. I'm wishing I had the Essence stamping plate used by Jane of Nailside here. Sigh! I would make this so much easier. Now for the actual stamping part I added small stars from a plate named m08 that I ordered from Ebay.

Here is the result... I love how it turned out (except for a few air bubbles under the decals)...




And now for Plumaggio Purple on it's own. In the bottle, it is a dark blue with a strong purple shimmer. You can clearly see the purple in the first photo, but only in the bottle. It decided to stay there and not show up on my nails. I wish this was one of those "but trust me, it is there in real life" cases, but nope, what you see is what you get. Otherwise application was good and I do like the extra wide Borghese brush. Two coats plus a top coat in these swatches...




Swatch Details
Brand: Borghese
Collection: Main line
Color Name/Number: B350 Plumaggio Purple
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP

I'd love to know what you think of the color or the final mani!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. Pretty manicure! To me this is another version of "Galaxy Nails" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, I love it. I think we're all wishing we had that Essence star image plate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Love the big stars :D Really good thinking to sponge a little bit of silver on the nails, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great mani! really like the big stars over the small ones and all offset.. CC is one of my favs to stamp with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaah the large stars are so cool. I've such a weakness for stars... Love the whole mani with the colors you chose ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the final look!! It looks so pretty with the sponging and all the silver stars!
    I've been wanting that star plate too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That base color is awesome!!! I am loving it! Of course the stars rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The finished product of your manicures always looks so great! At first glance these looked like one of those expensive full nail decals! You really did a great job here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! You are all so sweet!
    I'm glad you liked the mani, the large stars were a bit of a pain, but worth it in the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really beautiful. I love the look it takes on with the sponging.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...