Thursday, January 26, 2012

Golden Globes Inspiration + Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl

I didn't actually watch the golden globes, but I did see photos of the beautiful dresses online and couldn't help but be inspired. One of them was the elegant dress worn by Angelina Jolie. I wanted to recreate the sharp bright red triangle against a pale pearly backdrop for the manicure.

To achieve this I used Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl, then taped off the nails and added the accent using Wet 'n Wild Caught Red Handed. The red bled from under the tape in a few spots, but overall I'm really pleased with how these turned out...




On it's own Tokyo Pearl is a white pearl frost. It starts out very sheer, but does build up nicely. I applied three coats and the nail line was only barely visible. My problem with these types of polishes (and this was no exception) is not their sheerness, but the streaking. It is not forgiving to imperfect application and shows every flaw. In addition dry time even with a fast drying top coat was painfully slow. I waited an hour before applying the tape and still had problems. It was cute for a manicure, but not a polish I would reach for if I needed something quick.




Swatch Details
Brand: Sinful Colors
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: Tokyo Pearl, 112
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

As always, let me know what you think!
Did you watch the Golden Globes or get inspired by any of the dresses? :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

17 comments:

  1. Looks really cool on the nails :) I watched the Golden Globes and there were so many beautiful dresses! I liked this one on Angelina but she really is getting to thin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a unique design, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I enjoy your thoughtful inspiration. I think that if I were to create a manicure inspired by this dress I may have done the triangular swipe of red at the tip instead. You were much more creative:) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is brilliant in its simplicity. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you nailed this mani! it looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! <3 Angelina is gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. You achieved the look of the dress perfectly! Very cool idea! I love nails inspired by fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a lovely idea. ♥ I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this looks just like her dress! Thats awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone! I think her dress was such a great inspiration.

    @Theodora, I agree, she is so skinny. It is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks so simple, but when executed as flawlessly as you did, this is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Marta! I should stop looking at the little flaws :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! I love manicures inspired by fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you April, I love seeing ones inspired by fashion as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...