Monday, October 22, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge Day 6: Frankenstein

For some reason I was really nervous about the Frankenstein manicure for Day 6 of the Nail-aween challenge. Maybe it is because I had no idea what I was going to do until I actually sat down to make it or maybe because I really wanted to do something unique and special since there are a lot of Frankenstein manicures out there already. Regardless of the reason, I was psyching myself out.

This morning I woke up feeling really under the weather and barely dragged myself out of bed by the afternoon. Funny thing about being sick (and wanting to go back to bed) is that you stop worrying about the little things. I stopped worrying about making it perfect and ended up with something I really like...


For the base of the manicure I used a neon green polish by Color Club named What a Shock! It has a satin finish as it dries that inspired me to make this a matte mani. To go with the matte theme, I used Zoya Dovima, a matte black, for the ring finger. For all of the nail art I used black and white acrylic paint. The tips were done with a fan brush and the rest with a small detail brush.


The ring finger is paying homage to The Bride of Frankenstein and her wavy gray streak of hair...


Since I needed a top coat to lock in all the nail art, I used Essie Matte About You to keep everything looking matte...

I really like how this turned out and I hope you to do too...

Let me know what you think of this!
I'm off to drink tea and get back in bed... :)

P.S. Don't forget to take a look at all the other lovelies participating in the challenge...
datyorkLOVES, Erica's Nails and More, DreamyMM Nails & Make Up, Tes Did It Nails, Sassy Paints, Nicole gets Nailed , glitznglammer, Finger Food, Wicked Tips, Fancy Schmancy Nails, Delight In Nails, Polish Groupie, My Nail Journey, Get Polished Up!, Just A Girl and Her Polish, Spellbound Nails, Le nail's corner d'Alex, Hello.Lacquer, Countess Nails , Color the world with polish, Nail Crime Nail Art, Coat of Mani Colors, Cutie Cuticles, Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, GLAMOROUS NAILS, Over The Topcoat, Polish Gone Crazy, tragedystipsandtreats

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and such a fun take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sooo great! I love it. :) Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marissa, thank you so much! I'm so glad you like it :)

    @Stacy, Thank you! I'm really glad you like my take on it :)

    @Jamies, I'm so glad you like it. Thank you. And thanks for the well wishes also! They help :)

    @Hilde, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really nice! I'm curious on how you do the spikey effect on the tips.. tutorial please xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankenstein is the only piece of literature that I read more than two times ;) Love that novel by Mary Shelley.

    I really like how whispy the black is and how the frankenstein nails don't have "eyes" for some reason this makes it an 'edgy' looking version :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super adorable! I love the fan brush technique you used. I haven't seen a take on Frankenstein like this! You never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this so much - I just had to try it myself! I posted a pic of my version on Pinterst... if ya know you maybe wanted to see it. ;)

    http://pinterest.com/pin/236650155390883513/

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ameyy, It is hard to show that technique in a tutorial. I just took a fan brush and dipped in acrylic pain then just swipe across the tips. It is really quick and easy, but hard to show :(

    @Marta, thank you so much! I'm really glad that you like Frankenstein's monster mani! I think the eyes would make it look a bit childish for me, which isn't necessarily bad, but just not what I was going for :)

    @Megan, Thank you so much Megan! I'm really glad that you like my take on it! It means a lot to me :)

    @Jody, thank you so much for sharing! I think it turned out beautifully!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you like it! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...