Friday, October 26, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge Day 8: Witch

I hope you are all having a bewitching Friday. I'm trying to keep up with the Nail-aween challenge with just a few days left until the big day. The witchy manicure kind of had me stumped, the only thing I knew for sure was the witch was going to be stamped. I first thought to put her over a moon background, then maybe some sort of orange gradient and finally settled on a night sky using a few of my piCture pOlish favorites...


I started out with two coats of piCture pOlish Voodoo which with the tagline of "see the darkness, feel the magic" seemed really fitting for a witch. I actually stamped over it with piCture pOlish Aphrodisiac, but we'll pretend that I didn't since you can't see it anyway. Then, I added the beautiful piCture pOlish flakie Festival which gave it nice little bursts of color...


All of the stamping was done in Pure Ice Silver Mercedes and Shany plates SH02 (witch) and SH08 (moon and stars). Interestingly enough, the images on these plates are engraved deeper than usual and often have problems transferring completely. In this case the moon was left with a bit of a cutout and some of the stars also were left with a hollow center...


Since I was at it, I thought I'd show you fresh swatches of piCture pOlish Voodoo. It is a gorgeous deep burgundy with gold flecks. One of my favorite vampy shades for sure. Application is good, the formula maybe just a tad too thick, but manageable and well worth it. Two coats for full coverage and the swatches are with no top coat...




I'm a sucker for anything with flecks in in it...


Swatch Details
Brand: piCture pOlish
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Voodoo - See the darkness, feel the magic!
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I'd love to know what you think of this manicure! Don't hesitate to comment below :)

P.S. Don't forget to take a look at all the other lovelies participating in the challenge...
datyorkLOVES, Erica's Nails and More, DreamyMM Nails & Make Up, Tes Did It Nails, Sassy Paints, Nicole gets Nailed , glitznglammer, Finger Food, Wicked Tips, Fancy Schmancy Nails, Delight In Nails, Polish Groupie, My Nail Journey, Get Polished Up!, Just A Girl and Her Polish, Spellbound Nails, Le nail's corner d'Alex, Hello.Lacquer, Countess Nails , Color the world with polish, Nail Crime Nail Art, Coat of Mani Colors, Cutie Cuticles, Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, GLAMOROUS NAILS, Over The Topcoat, Polish Gone Crazy, tragedystipsandtreats

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

13 comments:

  1. VooDoo is gorgeous, and this mani is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I'm ready for the challenges to be over. Lol. I didn't realize how challenging they would be to keep up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Halloween-themed mani that actually looks beautiful and wearable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! Love the flakies, the stamping, actually everything about it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore this mani - it looks SO good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super rich colour. And the stamping is neat too. The cutouts make the stamping look unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My witch mani was the hardest for me to do too! Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jamie, thank you so much! I think Voodoo is gorgeous too! :)

    @Natalija, thank you!

    @Melissa, it is certainly a challenge to keep up with, I've got two more to go :)

    @marox79, thank you so much! that means a lot to me :)

    @Susy, That is so sweet of you to say! I'm so glad you like the colors and stamping. Can never go wrong with flakies :)

    @Red, thank you! I'm so glad you like it :)

    @Indian Lacquerade, I'm really glad that you like the stamping and colors! Thank you :)

    @Marissa, Thank you! It was more of a challenge than I expected. Really wasn't sure what to do!

    @Tina, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the base colour very much, and you've done great work with the pattern and stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Natalia, I'm very happy that you like the stamping and color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much! I'm really glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...