Monday, October 29, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge Day 9: Pumpkins

It is hard to believe that the Nail-aween challenge is almost over, leaving just one more manicure to complete in time for Halloween. The theme for today's challenge is none other than pumpkins. Since I already did a stamped Jack-o-Lantern manicure, I wanted to try something with freehand art. I'm really excited about how it turned out and I hope you like it too...


The base of this manicure is the very dark and vampy piCture pOlish Aphrodisiac with the perfect tagline of "this potion leaves you with a magic touch!" For the pumpkins I used a variety of acrylic paints and attempted a one stroke technique. Turns out I need better brushes for the technique, but I think the pumpkins turned out cute anyway. I'm ready for the fall harvest...




I'm pretty sure a few fresh swatches of piCuture pOlish Aphrodisiac were in order. This is another one of my favorite fall vampy shades. A dark plum purple shimmer with a wonderful creamy formula. It is pigmented enough that one careful coat can be enough, but I used two to even everything out for the swatches. No top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: piCture pOlish
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Aphrodisiac
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I'd love to know what you think of this!

P.S. Don't forget to take a look at all the other lovelies participating in the challenge...
datyorkLOVES, Erica's Nails and More, DreamyMM Nails & Make Up, Tes Did It Nails, Sassy Paints, Nicole gets Nailed , glitznglammer, Finger Food, Wicked Tips, Fancy Schmancy Nails, Delight In Nails, Polish Groupie, My Nail Journey, Get Polished Up!, Just A Girl and Her Polish, Spellbound Nails, Le nail's corner d'Alex, Hello.Lacquer, Countess Nails , Color the world with polish, Nail Crime Nail Art, Coat of Mani Colors, Cutie Cuticles, Nail-Aween Nail Art Challenge, GLAMOROUS NAILS, Over The Topcoat, Polish Gone Crazy, tragedystipsandtreats

Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

15 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I, also, can't believe the challenge is almost over. It's been tons of fun and so much fun to see everyone's take on each challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This polish is GORGEOUS and I love the detail on your pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aphrodisiac is a beautiful polish, and your free hand nail art, STUNNING! such a neat work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nail art--they look real enough to turn into pies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Omg the pumpkins are perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments! I'm so glad that you like the pumpkin art!! You are all so kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Anutka these are awesome! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm really glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...