Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Goth with Zoya Dovima

It is hard to believe that today is once again time for the Sunday Stamping challenge in the group Adventures in Stamping. This week the challenge is a goth manicure in honor of a fellow group member. I really couldn't pass up the chance to do something outside of my comfort zone and I quite like the result. Hope I'm not insulting anyone :)


I started out with a matte black base of Zoya Dovima and stamped over it using Wet 'n Wild Black Creme and Bundle Monster plate BM10 to give it some background texture. The pattern reminded me of crosses.  Next I stamped the ring finger using Bundle Monster plate BM-225 and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes. Two red rhinestones were added for glowing eyes. The rest of the nails were stamped with just the scull from Bundle Monster plate BM-211 and bits of bones from BM-225 using Sally Hansen Ista Dri in Presto Pewter.



The accent nail...


Zoya Dovima is a matte black cream. It does have a shimmer to it which comes out if a top coat is used, however I chose to wear it with no top coat. The formula and application were great. Two coats for full coverage using thicker layers, otherwise it might take three thin ones. It has very good dry time and the matte effect develops as it dries. The matte effect takes longer to show up compared to using just a matte top coat, but is worth the wait. And it doesn't hurt that I absolutely love the stain feel of a matte polish...




Swatch Details
Brand: Zoya
Collection:
Color Name/Number: Dovima, ZP499
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

15 comments:

  1. Oo I just feel in love with the red-eyed skull! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! i can't get enough of your awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought matte black would be so nice. Love ur goth. I love skulls, skull bracelets, skull necklace - nails look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dovima is such a pretty! I love, love, love it! And I love your stamping too, it always looks so flawless. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you like the stamping and the red eyes! I was really worried to not offend anyone. Glad it turned out good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan-freakin-tastic!! I'm sooo going to do this for Halloween! Or when I dress like a pirate for Ren Faire. Too cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This manicure has a spooky and eary feel to it that makes it so rockin'-awesome!
    :D
    I completely forgot about these skully stamps and you really know how to showcase them

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jamie, I would love to see you manicure when you try it! :)

    @Marta, thanks so much. I have been looking for an excuse to play with the skully stamps. So glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say that I'm flabbergasted! These nails are something and I'm smitten with the skulls, I mean, I'm addicted to them, actually. The polishes applied are awesome, too. Perfect mani, indeed!
    =D
    Esmaltes, Make-up & Cia.
    rockuroutfit.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Antonia! So glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did u find these stamps?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are Bundle Monster stamps, available at either amazon.com or bundlemonster.com. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so inspired to do my first stamping now! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Brooke, I'm so glad you want to give it it a try! Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...