Thursday, March 22, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 8 - Sponging

It is day eight of the Black and White Challenge which means a sponged manicure. I had in mind a marble or granite look, so I turned to the internet for inspiration, as I often do. Somehow it helps to have a picture to stare at as I work. While searching for black and white stone, I stumbled upon a photo of Emma Stone in a black and white dress that I just couldn't resist...

Emma Stone photo Source

I started out with Borghese Tempesta Black (swatches below) and then using a corner of a cosmetic wedge, I sponged on white acrylic paint. As I was working on the manicure I decided it probably would have matched the dress more if I had started out with a white base and sponged with black. This led me to wonder if a zebra is really white with black stripes or black with white stripes, but I digress. I will have to try a black over white version of this at some point...


Just as I was done editing all the photos, I remembered that I finally got my hands on a bottle of Essie Matte About you, so I added the matte topcoat at the last minute to match the satin look of the dress. I love how it turned out. I hope you don't mind if I matte everything from now on. :D


Here is the shiny, regular topcoat version. I though I would share these since I already had them done and ready to go. Plus, I do like the shiny version as well. Which do you prefer, matte or glossy? :)




Borghese Tempesta Black
A black base with a fine silver shimmer. Application was perfect, I love the wide brush. Two coats for full coverage. This is very similar to Essence I Love My Jeans that I used just a few days ago, except that the shimmer in Tempesta Black is a bit larger.




A close up to see the shimmer...


Swatch Details
Brand: Borghese
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: Tempesta Black, B370
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Don't forget to check out all the other lovely ladies participating in the challenge...
Biba's beauty corner , Biberlee-Džumbus, Colores de Carol, Emerald sparkle, Hooked on polish, Lacquered Tips, Mateji ustvarjata, My Little Vanities, My Nail Grafiti, Nail crazy, Oje Gemisi Kalkiyor, Omgnoodles, Pink Polish Addict, Polish nail art, Purple Glitters, Taya, The Nail Buff, Welcome To Brianna's World!

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't decide which version I like the best but they're both great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white mani. AMAZING!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, really nice and very unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress, Emma and your manicure :) and the matte version is better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. this is amazing. I didn't even realize it was sponging at first. completely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow this is AHmazing sponging! I love this! And now you have me wondering about the zebra! Black on white or white on black--inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely, both the mani and the dress :-D
    i don't mind if you do only mat nails from now on ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, my sponging always looks like I accidently banged my nail on the table - yours looks beautiful! I love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I sound like a broken record, but Girl, YOU are on fire!!!!
    These manicures continue to give me goosebumps they are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't see sponging like that, but I must say I love it. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the matte! And I love how you sponged that! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! I'm really glad that you like the sponging here. I love the technique, it can create so many looks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...