Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Plate Ending in 4

I managed to sneak in a manicure for this week's Sunday Stamping Challenge for the facebook group Adventures in Stamping. This week the challenge was to create a manicure using a stamping plate ending in 4. I chose to use Bundle Monster plate BM-224.

The base of the manicure is an un-named Color Club polish. A vampy deep plum color with a nice shimmer. I will have swatches of it up soon. I stamped using a Sally Hansen Color Quick pen in Chrome Rose. I got it from Carolina's giveaway a while back. I'm still going through all the fun stuff she sent me and discovering new gems all the time. This was my first attempt at stamping with the Quick Color pens and all I can say is that it is amazing to stamp with. I wish they would bottle this stuff up, I'd stock up for sure! For some reason I have a fear of the pens drying out. To accent some of the stamped flowers, I added a small yellow rhinestone on each nail...

UPDATE: The Color Club polish is named Catwalk Queen. See swatches here 





I would love to know what you think of this. Have you stamped with the Color Quick pens before?

NOTE: This is a scheduled post. I appreciate all your comments and will respond as soon as I return from my trip! Thank you in advance for commenting :D

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. Your fear of the pen drying out is spot on. I have one and it's about a year old. Went to use it the other day to stamp with and yep.. dry. Unusable. Sooo bummed! Love your mani!! Looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pen in gold and silver and they are my favorite for stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh pretty! I love the yellow accents :-) I haven't stamped with these pens before, hadn't even heard of them before reading this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought about stamping with those pens, I only have one right now but it is a great red color. Thanks for the idea!

    How do you attach the rhinestones
    ? I bought my first container today and not sure how to go about attaching them to the nail.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful mani. You are such an inspiration to me. I can't wait to start stamping and it is good to know those pens are good for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely, I loge the rhinestone accents :)
    I used the same plate for the challenge, but the other flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having fun on your trip! I love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colour combo.

    You know, I recently tried using one of these pens to stamp with and it totally did NOT work :( not sure what I was doing wrong

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anonymous, that is disappointing. I might have to see if I can somehow transfer the polish to a spare bottle... hm :)

    @Brianna, have they dried out for you?

    @Laura, thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

    @minngo4s, thank you!
    To attach the rhinestone, you can place a dot of topcoat in the spot you want (as glue) and then place the rhinestone on top then topcoat everything or what I do is apply the topcoat as usual and then place the rhinestone where I want while the topcoat is still wet. I like the 2nd method better because I don't like how the rhinestones look with a topcoat over them...

    @Amber, thank you! :)

    @Malissa, thank you so much! You are too kind. I'm sure you will love stamping! :)

    @Gwenn, thank you! I like the other flower pattern on this plate as well :)

    @Fingers, thank you! :)

    @Marta, this is the first one I tried, so I can't claim they all work, but this one was perfect. What color did you use?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...