Thursday, March 1, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 1 - Black on White

The first challenge in the Black and White Challenge is to create a black on white manicure. I started out with three coats of Wet 'n Wild French White Creme for the white. It is the only white polish that I own (and use all the time). It makes me think of when I first started this blog almost a year ago, since French White Creme was the first polish I ever blogged about.

For the black, I used black acrylic paint and added dots using different sized dotting tool. I started with a small flower at the base of the nail and added dots in two semicircles around it and continued from there. I really like how this manicured turned out. I'm starting to appreciate the dotting tool more and more...





I thought I would throw in swatches of Wet 'n Wild French White Creme just for fun, since it has been almost a year since the last swatch. French White Creme is a pure white. The formula is good, two coats for opacity, although I always add a third coat to even out the coverage. Does anyone else remember the days when a solid white manicure like this was popular or is it just me? :)





Swatch Details
Brand: Wet 'n Wild
Collection: Main Line
Color Name/Number: French White Creme, 449C
Number of coats: 3
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I hope you like my black on white manicure! I would love to know what you think about it. :)

If this looks fun and you would like to join the challenge, take a look on Mateja's blog Purple Glitters for more information.

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

40 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove how this turned out! All the different sized dots and their positions remind me of an art piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! You can't go wrong with black and white. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your manicure, it's so elegant :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These nails are gorgeous! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to the challenge!! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks gorgeous! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I just love black and white manis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic! I wish I had done this challenge too, it looks so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dotting skills are amazing. Love this mani! And I think the challenge is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! You make it look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your manicure is so elegant and yet so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... Great start of this challenge... You make me very curious to the other manicures!

    Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have great control of the dotting tool. That takes practice! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so clean and elegant looking. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that this is my favorite out of all of ours. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super pretty and elegant!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your nail tips !!
    www.nzlsyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is awesome! so so stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this manicure! You need to enter it in the Chalkboard nails contest!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really beautiful =). I can't wait to see what will you prepare for us tomorrow =).
    I sometimes really wish I had your talent =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh god I missed so many great posts of yours!! This manicure is absolutely stunning! I LOVE it :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't thank you enough for all your lovely comments. I'm always so overwhelmed by the support you provide. This is definitely a fun manicure to manicure to make so I encourage everyone to try :D

    @Malinda, I have though about entering this one in the contest, but I entered another manicure before I made this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wowsers! This is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I cannot get enough of how precise your freehand work is. You are unreal! Love the white/ black and I think this would look great with blue and white also! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @April, thank you! :)

    @Maisky, thanks! :D

    @Marta, I'm glad you like it. I think it would look pretty with blue and white as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. great job it looks really great. what brand is this manicure? could you tell me if that brand is good in quality? maybe you could advice me some colors that are in demand and also tell me a web site from where i could order them? If you know any other good quality brands for manicure that would be also great. im opening a salon and im a beginner so any advice would be useful for me. thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...