Friday, June 24, 2011

NYC Lincoln Square Lavender with Borghese Bella Berry

This manicure was inspired by a dress that my cousin wore last weekend. It is a soft mauve color with a large floral pattern. The best polish to match it in my collection was Lincoln Square Lavender. To match the pattern we chose a reverse floral stamp so the top color would be dominant and only outlines of the base color to show. She painted her nails dark and tried stamping with Lincoln Square Lavender which turned out to be too light and a bit of a mess.

The polishes still were still sitting out on my table so I decided to try to reverse them. Lincoln Square Lavender was used for the base. It is a pretty soft mauve color. Application was less than ideal. The polish was pretty thick and even though it did not pull it was difficult to get a thin even coat. I applied three coats to get a nice and even opaque color.



Outside still overcast even though it is supposedly summer...


I stamped it using Borghese Bella Berry which was also still in my table from the last post. See how lazy I am? :D The contrast of this combination turned out great. I had a few people ask me if this was the crackling polish effect and I had to explain it was a stamp. Wouldn't it be great if the crackle would split into a floral pattern? Although I will admit from a distance it is hard to tell the pattern :)



Here is the pattern on the dress which was the inspiration for this manicure. It would have been nice if the dark base/light stamping worked, but I like the reverse combination as well.


Stamping was done using Bundle Monster plate BM-225...

Brand: NYC
Collection: In a New York Color Minute
Color Name/Number: 264 Lincoln Square Lavender

Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) Free

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

10 comments:

  1. this is super cute, I have that plate and I had never noticed that image... will have to use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous polish! And what beautiful perfect nail you have! And the stamping is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in these mani. So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouu, I love what you did with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I'm glad you all like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky to get award from you and that's how I found your blog. :) I love your nails, they're perfectly shaped! I love your stamping skills - everything is stamped just perfect and this color combination is so pretty. Love it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ivana, Thank you so much! :)
    I'm glad you like my blog! I love your :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great color and you made it so lovely with the stamping. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...