Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Stamping: Over Glitter

Kind of a late post today, but I'm getting a late start on the day in general and just taking it easy after having a wonderful time with friends at a Halloween party last night. It was so fun to see everyone's costumes this year. I went as a witch, if you are curious ;)

This week the theme for Sunday Stamping in Adventures in Stamping is "over glitter". It gives me the perfect opportunity to try a polish that has been in my untried stash for way too long. Plus, I got to play with some of my new plates and polishes that I showed you yesterday...


For the base of this manicure, I started out with Revlon Facets of Fuchsia (over black). I stamped using KleanColor Metallic Yellow and Cheeky Jumbo plate "B". A lovely reader yesterday warned me that the Metallic Yellow can really gunk up the stamping plate, so I made sure to clean out the image after every stamping. I tend to do that on detailed images regardless of the polish I'm stamping with, but really made sure to do it with this one and appreciate the tip! The Metallic Yellow stamped beautifully...


One of my co-workers was recently explaining Steampunk to me and last night I went to a Halloween party where a friend was dressed in a Steampunk costume. This kind of reminds me of the gears that are so popular it that. Although it also reminds me of beautiful Indian designs, which is in no way even close to Steampunk, so I'll let you decide what it looks like to you...


I would have called this one a gold, but technically it is a metallic yellow I guess the name does fit...


Revlon Facets of Fuchsia is a black jelly base with fuchsia glitter in two different sizes. I applied two coats over black (Wet 'n Wild Black Creme) since I didn't want to bother with a ton of coats to build to opacity. The formula is great, the glitter spreads evenly without much effort...


When it first came out, it was thought to be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance and from the comparison swatches I've seen, I can say they look pretty similar. I don't own Bad Romance to do a comparison of my own. I managed to get this last year when it was disappearing off the shelves as soon as stores managed to get new stock...


Even though I've had this polish for more than a year and chased all over the place to find it, this is the first time that I'm actually using it. Now, every time I think of chasing after limited edition or hard to find polishes I remember this little lady and suddenly regain sanity...



Swatch Details
Brand: Revlon
Collection: Limited Edition
Color Name/Number: Facets of Fuchsia, 940
Number of coats: 2 (over black)
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Revlon has since renamed Facets of Fuchsia added it to their main line under the name of Scandalous (761). So if you didn't get it in the rush of when it first came out, you can now calmly go to a store and pick one up. Having tried it, I can say it really is a beauty that I'm happy to own it. Hopefully I'll wear it more often now :)

Have any of you spent time chasing down a polish that ended up sitting in your untried pile for a while?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

33 comments:

  1. WOWZA!!!!Reminds me of brocade, and I love that's it's got an edge - not all sweet and girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks fantastic! Love it!
    I have a couple of polishes myself that are still untried even though I have them in my stash for more than a year... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! This stamp looks great over this glitter polish! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one and I love it. Fyi it is opaque in two coats. :-) Beautiful mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, my ,my Anutka, this is so lovely! The stamp came out perfectly. I have bought Facets of Fuchsia last week, I just saw it in the Revlon display and picked it up without knowing it was a LE. I was planning to do a mani with it for my "Layering thursdays" but then you have your "stamping sundays" come first, LOL!
    Whenever I chase a LE and found it, I first do a happy dance and then run home to put it on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that looks wonderful! I like this color combo, black-fuchsia-gold.. I really want this Revlon glitter, but it never made its way to our stores, and I'm not sure I'll ever get it, as it's LE.(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I have to laugh cause this is still in my untried pile, and I bought it in the Target frenzy when it came out last year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is soooo sooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOSH this is exquisite!
    I think of Indian Sari for sure :D
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg i love this manicure!! i have to go and buy those metallic kleancolors!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really awesome! Such a great idea to put them together on the same nail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! You did an absolutely amazing job!


    ReplyDelete
  13. This mani is a piece of art! It looks like oriental textile :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO PRETTY!!!!! I love the color combinations. I just might hunt these colors down and try this myself. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this design, these colors together are magical!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks amazing, as do all your manicures! So glad you got to see what steampunk looked like in person, too. You inspired me to paint my nails last night - I will have to show you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never thought of stamping over this polish but wow it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks great!! love it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is really beautiful! love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This manicure is stunning !!! So is the quality of your pictures.. Would you be so kind and tell me how do you achieve that? I mean the lightning, camera etc? I would really appreciate it.. I'd love to improve my pictures, but I have troubles doing that.. :( I own Nikon D80 and Nikkor 50 mm. It should work fine, and it does during summer when I can shoot in sunshine, but I cant't make it work now :( Thank you for your help..

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a pretty polish and with the stamping it looks absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is gorgeous... Stamping over glitter, why not? I think I'll steal this idea if you don't mind :D I just received a bottle of Essie - Stroke of Brilliance. I think I'll jelly sandwich it and stamp over it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You are all so sweet! Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. You can't even imagine how much they mean to me! Thank you :)

    To everyone who said you will try this look, I want to see them!! Let me know! :D

    @Yasinisi, I use a light box to take photos. Mine is store bought Quantaray Portable Lighting Stuido, but it is easy to make your own with a cardboard box and a few other supplies. Search for how to make a photography light box on the internet for a lot of good tutorials if you don't want to purchase. You have a great camera, much more advanced and the point and shoot DMC-ZS7 that I use. You should be able to take great photos in a light box!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,

    Thank you for your answer.. Actually I do have a light box, but my pictures are still not satisfactory.. :( I'm not sure why.. Maybe the light is not good enough? My box is quite big 40x40 cm, and maybe that's the problem? Sorry for the trouble, but I keep searching and trying and I'm getting more and more resigned.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't get discouraged! I'm not really an expert and I still get frustrated when colors don't turn out right. Just have to keep trying and playing with the position of the lights. Also helps to have the true color lights, not the soft or bright white since they alter the color you see...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Facets of Fuchsia is beautiful! Great stamping, I like how the colours match! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad you like it! Thank so much for your wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...