Thursday, November 8, 2012

Essence The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Essence has released new polishes based on The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2. I was so sad last year when I couldn't get my hands on the Essence polishes from this series that as soon as I saw these in my local store, I snatched them up. I'm really clueless when it comes to the actual books that inspired these and I have no interest in reading them or seeing the movies. I know, I know, I might be the only one out there, but vampires and werewolves are just not my thing. These tall, dark and handsome polishes, however, are right up my alley...


Jacob's Protection
A black base with mostly blue plus some violet and green flecks. This is the darkest out of the three dark polishes in the collection. It has an overall deep dark navy blue appearance when the flecks reflect light. The formula is a bit on the thick side, but manageable and definitely worth it for the gorgeous color. Two coats for full coverage and no top coat in these swatches...




A closer look at the flecks.... 8)


Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2
Color Name/Number: 01 Jacob's Protection
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Alice Had a Vision
A black base with mostly violet and some aqua blue flecks in it. This is absolutely gorgeous and is my favorite among these. Overall it appears really dark purple as the light reflects off the flecks. The formula was good, again maybe just a tad too thick, but manageable. The flecks spread very nice and even. Two coats for full coverage and no top coat here...




Oh the flecks!... 8)


Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2
Color Name/Number: 02 Alice Had a Vision
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

A Piece of Forever
A frosty metallic yellow/gold. Not really sure why I got this one except maybe to show you the full collection. I am not a fan of frosty polishes because of the brush strokes, however, this polish turned out to be much better than I anticipated. The brush on all these polishes is excellent and made the application easy even with a frost. Also, it looks like it might be good for stamping if I chose to not wear it solo. Two coats for full coverage. The formula is very nice and smooth, only issue again are the brush strokes. No top coat...




Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2
Color Name/Number: 03 A Piece of Forever
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Edward's Love
A black base packed with silver flecks. This appears to have more flecks than the first two dark polishes, but then again maybe it just the color of the flecks. They have more contrast with the black.  Formula is similar as the other two. Two coats for full coverage, with no top coat. Another one I'm simply crazy about...





Swatch Details
Brand: Essence
Collection: The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2
Color Name/Number: 04 Edward's Love
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

I'm so excited that I was able to get my hands on these. I absolutely love all the dark polishes in this collection. While they all look dark and nearly black from a distance, it is the gorgeous flecks that make them so special. It is a definite win for me.

What do you think? Are you as crazy about flecks as I am? What about such dark polishes?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

9 comments:

  1. Love Dark polishes! And I enjoyed two of the four shades.I didn't bother to pick the golden and haven't picked the blue either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty. I love dark polishes with sparkly flecks in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up Alice and Jacob. I've heard that the gold one works great for stamping, have you tested it maybe? If it truly works I might rethink getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you pick these up at? I am having such a hard time finding these! According to a few sources they were supposed to be at Target, but of course they are not there and Target has no idea what I am talking about. I NEED the set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked these up at Fred Meyer's the other day! Funny cause I passed them up the first time I saw them, but then found them at another location and went crazy for them! I did leave the gold one there though.

    Like you, I have no interest in the movies or books. The ONLY reason I've watched them is cause my guys loves vampire and werewolf movies............I seriously hate watching them! They are horrible, horrible movies! Such bad acting!

    Anyways.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natalia, I think you got the best two! Those are definitely my favorite :)

    @TikiBarbie, You and me both! I can't get enough of these dark ones :)

    @Simona, I have seen it used for stamping and it looks good. I will try it this weekend myself!

    @Polish Insomnia, I got these at a local Northwest chain called Fred Meyer. I have also heard they have these at Ulta. Not sure that I've seen Essence at Target, but I'll look next time for sure. Don't you just love going to a store and the sales people have no clue what you are talking about!

    @Angie, Yay! So glad to know there is someone else out there who is not a fan! Lucky for me, my bf isn't a fan either, so I have not had to sit through them... As for the polishes, I love all the dark ones. Gold was not bad, but I don't think I'll be wearing the solo, think it might become a stamping polish :)

    @Jamie, thank you so much! I'm glad you like them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just bought them today (only the dark ones) and I just love them... the blue is my favourite. I had to write a post about them immediately, that's how I was excited! :-D Stunning polishes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dark ones are so gorgeous! I am crazy about them as well. Love all the flecks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...