Friday, November 30, 2012

Epilepsy Awareness

At the beginning of this month I was contacted by a lovely reader asking me to create a manicure in support of Epilepsy Awareness month, which happens to be November. She has been living with the disease for many years and continues to struggle with it daily. Her story just breaks my heart and creating a manicure for her and this cause is the least I can do. I'm ashamed to admit that I lost track of time and November slipped by way too fast which is why this manicure is sneaking in on the last day of the month. Hopefully this is a case of better late than never...


The ribbon color for Epilepsy Awareness is a deep purple and I did a quick web search just to get an idea of the shade. I ran across a number of images featuring butterfly wings around the ribbon and was inspired to incorporate it into the manicure...


For the manicure I started out with a base of Rimmel London French Lingerie. For the stamping I used KleanColor Metallic Purple. The butterflies come from Red Angel plate RA-102. I stamped the pattern a few times to cover the whole nail with butterflies. For the accent nail I stamped the ribbon from Bundle Monster plate BM-324 as well as a few butterflies from RA-102...


I added a piece of purple striping tape along the tips (and the ribbon line on the ring finger). The very edge of the nail was wrapped in Metallic Purple to blend with the striping tape. I really like the crispness of the striping tape. It is amazing how perfectly it matched the stamping polish...


Rimmel London French Lingerie is a sheer pink jelly. It has a nice, smooth formula. No streaks, pulling or bald spots. The wide brush makes application very easy. As the name suggests, this polish works perfectly for the traditional french manicure. I happen to like this shade solo when my nails are on the shorter side as they are right now. The swatches are two coats with no top coat. The nail line is still visible, but that is to be expected with a sheer jelly such as this...




Swatch Details
Brand: Rimmel London
Collection: French Manicure Pro
Color Name/Number: French Lingerie, 130
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: No

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Let me know what you think!
What causes do you support?

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. This manicure is so beautiful!!! So awesome of you to do a mani to bring awareness.

    I have French Lingerie also and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! Thank you for spreading awareness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Anutka <3 I cannot imagine myself having to place that striping tape so precise as u did ... Really really gorgeous~!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you like this manicure. It means so much to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful mani and a fantastic cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! would you like to follow each other?! I would be happy!
    a big hug!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://lamakeupposa.blogspot.it/2012/12/review-rossetto-kate-moss-per-rimmel.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! My son had chronic astatic epilepsy! He's been seizure free for 6 years. But now puberty has appeared we have activity again. I'm about to go and get an epilepsy tattoo soon in support of my child! Bless anybody with epilepsy and their families who endure the heart breaking visions Everytime or loved ones have a seizure! Epilepsy can kiss my bum! Now he's 15, he wants to go for his licence next year. I'm not sure yet if he can ever drive! ! Would I sleep if he could.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kim, thank you so much for sharing your story with me. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to see a loved one seizing. I wish you strength!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure if it will let me comment this far out but when I saw this at 1st it hit me like a ton of bricks to which then turned to tears then to such a warm feeling all in a span of 2 mins. I lost my daughter who had epilepsy at the age of 7 when she had a seizure in her sleep which caused her heart to get into a rhythmn it could not get out of. That was 6 yrs ago & now my husband & I do all we can to support Epilepsy Awareness. Then a 1 yr ago my best friend out of the blue had her 1st seizure at the age 35. We have been each others support team. I only hope that by spreading awareness that maybe one day we can help enough & a cure will be found & no parent will have to go through what we have. Thank you so much for sharing pics of your stunning manicure & helping put the word out even more!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...