Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Did you know the Muppets can be quite patriotic? At least their polish versions are when combined into a glittery manicure for Independence Day!


For this, I started out with a simple white base using Wet 'n Wild French White Creme and added the glitter using Gone Gonzo! (blue) and Gettin' Miss Piggy With It (red). The white lines were added using a nail art striping polish by Diamond Cosmetics. It is so sparkly and pretty in real life! Just what I need since I will be missing the fireworks while I'm at work...



I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July! :)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

14 comments:

  1. Using the glitter polishes is such a great idea! I've seen a lot of stars and stripes today, but this is so unique and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so much better than mine! Your always so creative.

    Sucks you have to work today, the sun came out! We've had such weird weather lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the muted-down look the glitter adds to it. More wearable than most patriotic nails out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it's almost like a faded flag kind of look. Really unique and so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glitter was a great idea! From afar it kinda looks like one of those vintage-y faded designs, but up close or in the sun, BAM!, glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really love these. I agree about the vintage look to it :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these. You're so creative. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is SO cool.
    I've seen SOOOOO many flag manis today, and while they've all been very nice, they have all had a very similar look (mine included).

    But this, this is so pretty and unique. It also has a more mature feel than all the others I've seen.

    GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so, so beautiful! I love the sparkle of the glitters, but more than that, I love the texture they give this design. Fantastic job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much everyone! I'm glad you like how it turned out. It was a complete accident. Not how I originally envisioned it looking, but a wonderful surprise :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...