Friday, July 6, 2012

CQ Ivory stamped

Not sure why, but I have been craving yellow polishes. Not the bright neon yellow, but the pastel, baby chick yellow. This sweet polish named Ivory from CQ was just right for the mood. It is sweet and completely wearable on its own, but I stamped it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Coco a-go-go and Mash plate Mash-44. I edged the nails using Coco a-go-go to give it a more finished look.


This pattern and the whole manicure reminds me of something from my childhood growing up in Belorussia. I can't quite pinpoint on what it reminds me of, but wheat straw was/is frequently used for decoration and weaving. I don't have a suitable image to show you, just going of childhood memories here :)



CQ Ivory is just as the name describes. A soft ivory color. Nearly white with just a hint of yellow. The polish does have a bit of a pearly shimmer to it, but it is hardly noticeable. The formula was very easy to work with and opaque in two coats. Smooth like butter (and kind of looks like it too)...




Swatch Details
Brand: CQ
Collection: main line
Color Name/Number: Ivory, 563
Number of coats: 2
Top Coat: Yes

Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP)

Thanks for looking!
Anutka :)

20 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with this mani!!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the color and the edging :)

    I'm also glad to see that CQ is 3-free...I was trying to research that a while back and couldn't find info about that anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you posted about CQ Ivory. The pearl finish kept me from buying it but now I am going to have to get it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks gorgeous! Love the pastel colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with Ivory and pearl finishes. Thanks for sharing this one, I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow anutka this is gorgeous! I am loving this big time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I kinda like this color! Might have to go pick it up!

    Your stamping is flawless as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful - the colors and the pattern reminds me of those lovely embroidered blouses sewn from really thin cotton with a white-tassled drawstring neck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You add class to every manicure you do! I love this pastel yellow on you, and without a lie I have been itching to wear my pastel yellow also :D
    Love what you did with this Mash Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s an awesome manicure! I love the stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much everyone for the wonderful comments! Your words are always so encouraging.

    @Cindy-y, I had to call the mfg for a list of ingredients since for some reason they don't list it on the bottles, but they did confirm that all Scherer polishes (CQ, Petites, and Chameleon) are B3F. Also Camphor free...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...